Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are normally on trips where our riding is an hour or so at a time. This trip coming up though we will probably be out more like 2-3 hours at a time so we want to take drinks and snacks, especially for the kiddos. Is it really worth buying a Polaris snap in chest or even one of the off brands Or a bracket kit and all that vs just throwing in a cube or ice chest i have that would fit ok and strapping it down? Thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
We just strap down a small 45qt cooler. Add drinks and food and ice and go riding for the whole day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
If you never ride with a ice chest and just need one for this trip, I would just use something you already have. Through an ice chest in the back and strap it down.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,282 Posts
My buddy has the polaris cooler and i have one of the aftermarket expensive heavy useless coolers
Never again
a soft sided walmart cooler and bungee cords for me and throw it away when it gets dirty

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
So we are normally on trips where our riding is an hour or so at a time. This trip coming up though we will probably be out more like 2-3 hours at a time so we want to take drinks and snacks, especially for the kiddos. Is it really worth buying a Polaris snap in chest or even one of the off brands Or a bracket kit and all that vs just throwing in a cube or ice chest i have that would fit ok and strapping it down? Thoughts?
AO coolers

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Polaris coolers are IMMENSELY overpriced. Do not buy one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have one of these from Walmart. Keeps ice and everything frosty all day plus some. Hit desert whoops full throttle and is just fine. We pack some snacks, drinks for us and the kids. I just use the strap and loop it around the roll cage so it won’t disappear off into the trail. Doesn’t take up much room, and being soft it’s easier to pack if room is tight.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have one of these from Walmart. Keeps ice and everything frosty all day plus some. Hit desert whoops full throttle and is just fine. We pack some snacks, drinks for us and the kids. I just use the strap and loop it around the roll cage so it won’t disappear off into the trail. Doesn’t take up much room, and being soft it’s easier to pack if room is tight. View attachment 653884
I have one of those. Thought it was going to be an awesome cooler but the zipper went to crap after just a couple uses. Tried lubricating with chap stick and all sorts of stuff but no dice. My friend had the exact same thing happen to his. Maybe they fixed the zipper issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I use an AO soft side cooler (Walmart I think?). It fits in the rear area next to the box fine but I’ve been keeping in the passenger footwell with a garbage bag when I am solo. If it’s muddy, the darn thing get covered in the back!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the SATV cooler. It locks into your bed. Cant fall out no matter how hard you bounce it. Holds ice for days. The only issue is, after icing it down, the seal is so good that it creates a vacuum, and makes it hard to open.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use a Stanley cooler. Works perfect. Holds ice for at least two days.

The secret to coolers is prechill them before putting food and drinks in them and never put warm food and drinks in ice. Always prechill your food and drinks. Large ice chunks stay cold for longer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We have the SuperATV snap in cooler and love it. However, we average 6-8 hours per ride. Definitely not worth the investment for a one time, 2-3 hour ride. I like JoshDomo's recommendation.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have one of those. Thought it was going to be an awesome cooler but the zipper went to crap after just a couple uses. Tried lubricating with chap stick and all sorts of stuff but no dice. My friend had the exact same thing happen to his. Maybe they fixed the zipper issue though.

For zippers I use spray silicone. I don't know about your particular cooler you had issues with. The silicone spray helps with the zippers on the door bags, AO cooler . . .

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use an Ozark Trail hard sided cooler, they are relatively cheap and work good for a day or so. Lot's of info on here about them...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would disagree, I’ve had a 60 QT Polaris Northstar cooler for over 2 years and love it. We use it for it multi day camping trips and it holds ice extremely well.
I'm not saying it isn't a good cooler. It may be, as I have never had one. It is it TWICE as good as a similar sized Yeti? Because it is priced at nearly twice as much. All I'm saying is, I dont think the value is there.

·
GPS GURU
207 Posts
It all pends on what you do with your car and what you need to carry... I ride the sw desert mainly and Need to keep a lot cold for every ride. With a family of four we bought the Home Depot 26 quart cooler and it fits the bill with the separator inside. We did the mounts and brackets and love that setup because we get into it every stop. Hassling with a strap is just another pita I don’t need on a ride. Love my setup

everything has a place and I don’t have to undo one to get to another.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Ah bummer. But probably to be expected from Walmart brand. Mines been great (crosses fingers) I do have a similar AO soft cooler that’s also awesome. Much better then the big square plastic ice chests that take up a lot of space.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you can find one available..
This cooler is $21 or so currently at Wal-mart. But locating one is a real tough cookie.

(I have a pair of the mounts for sale as well, same finish)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts