Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What benefits can I expect from a half shield? Are they worth it or is it just for looks. :question: Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
After installing my half wind screen I do not need a shield or goggles any more,down side it sucks more dust in the cab.

I raised my screen up about an inch after reading this helps on the dust but haven't rode since doing this...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Back in your kneck of the woods you'll probably like it. Out here in the dry dusty desert they suck. I took mine off last trip to the dunes because the plexiglass gets coated with dust in about 5 minutes. The top of the windshield sits in your line of site about 3" or 4" above the hood line which seemes to be right where the top of hills & turns are and I was always craning my kneck to look up and over it. It is nice for fast trail or road driving as it pushes most of the wind out of your face and will block some debris from coming in. My 2 cents...

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you happen to have water holes on your trails, you’ll appreciate one down tight to the hood as it deflects the stuff from ending up in your lap! I’m six foot tall and have no problem seeing over the top riding woods and fire roads. I’ve even added a strip of aluminum to the top to reinforce it during trailing as 80 mph tends to flex it pretty good!

·
Back in the Saddle
4,063 Posts
Back in your kneck of the woods you'll probably like it. Out here in the dry dusty desert they suck. I took mine off last trip to the dunes because the plexiglass gets coated with dust in about 5 minutes. The top of the windshield sits in your line of site about 3" or 4" above the hood line which seemes to be right where the top of hills & turns are and I was always craning my kneck to look up and over it. It is nice for fast trail or road driving as it pushes most of the wind out of your face and will block some debris from coming in. My 2 cents...
x2

In the sand dunes, I take mine off... learned my lesson after the first trip.

When trail riding anywhere else, it's SOOOOO nice to have, especially when it's cold...

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you happen to have water holes on your trails, you’ll appreciate one down tight to the hood as it deflects the stuff from ending up in your lap! I’m six foot tall and have no problem seeing over the top riding woods and fire roads. I’ve even added a strip of aluminum to the top to reinforce it during trailing as 80 mph tends to flex it pretty good!
80MPH....! Say what? You better mean trailering or you're holding out on us!:rofl3:
I'm 6' also but in the dunes you're constantly climbing and diving so the "horizon" is always passing below the top of the windscreen and everything is the same dirt tan so you are straining to make out the trail ahead. I'll probably put it on in instances when I'll be on trails when it's cold.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Spent some time this winter riding in 0-20 degree weather and almost no wind chill from the neck down with the 1/2 windshield. Was a little cold around the eyes until I got a snowmobile helmet with anti-fog shield, then toasty w/o really bundling up. Had been planing on getting a heater but not going to bother now. Got a wind stopper on ebay which is supposed to help with the dust swirl. We'll see, if summer ever gets here!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made one yesterday in my shop. 1/2 windshield and used a heat gun to slowly heat (avoid bubbles and discoloration) and put a small bend in the top. Will use zipties to attatch. Sorry I don't have pics. I'll try it out this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts