Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
If you're talking to me..
i am an end user i am not selling these things i'm not making a dime i have absolutely no vested interest in whether you buy one of these things or not..
i couldnt care less whether you buy one or not..
i made an observation, and i chose to share it.

i did see a difference, i was impressed. it was not a hotride4u ecu it was an mpi but as i said before i find it hard to believe that hotride4u is doing their own programming.. i'm sure it's just a repackaged mpi unit..

if you want to find out for sure ask them specific questions about their modifications..
"what is base ign timing?"
"what's the total spark advance?"
"how much fuel did you take away at the top to lean it out"

i know enough about this to know that if you're going to reprogramm the fuel and ign curves in these ecus, then you will know what you set it to.

but none of that matters.. mpi has a great service, they've done their homework.

my whole statement was this.. "oh ya i tried one i saw a difference i thought it was worth the coin.. i ordered one. and it's on the way.
":TX:
Hi,

We did re-program them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To answer (mdevens).. I did not make or create the programs in the box, i just tested it and gave you the results. Hot ride told me that they had it done for them special and i thought it was good, Im sure the box they are selling is the one i tested, As far as utv crap, mountain performance, and unleashed, I could not tell you, I do not know how to get in the box or program it sorry..
The only way Ill will ever know is to get a box from eveybody and test it, So if you guys would like to shoulder that price you know where to find me

Thanks
fireballted

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi,

We did re-program them.
Kelly,

It's just hard for us to believe this because the wording you have is copied from the MPI Website...the ECU Picture looks as if it has been doctored from the MPI website...thats why we are all in doubt about Hot Ride programming the boxes themselves...I've had one from MPI from the start...and with the other mods I've got it is a good boost...helped my fuel mileage too...

Thanks for dynoing the ECU and thanks for posting the results...can't wait to move back to Az so I can hit the dunes with you all...I haven't been to Dumont yet...gotta get there...do you al ride Coral Pink Dunes in the Summer?

·
michiganhooligans
855 Posts
If you guy's would quit pissing in my cheerios i wouldent have to keep talking about it. I started this $hit because i bought a cdi box and got riped off. Hotride tryed to cover up the fact that thay reprogramed the box. Know there telling us we reprogramed the box. Who the hell is we. If hotride can reprogram why do thay need mpi. Like the one guy said there to flaky for me. I cant say for sure but i think i have the new program in the box that just got shipped back to me. It took mac 14 days. to reprogram my box. IM sure he sent that program to hotride. Even if the new program works good i dont trust flaky people. So i will be selling my box.

·
michiganhooligans
855 Posts
firebalted i understand that you just did testing. it would have been nice if you could have tested the program that mountain all ready sold alot of people. we where looking to prove a point. but that would have put egg on someone's face.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hot Ride now has high performance tuning available for Polaris RZR. Due to the high cost of the base ECU, we offer a programming service to update your factory box.
Hot Ride will also offers the Big Gun TFI Fuel Tuning Module which we typically use to fuel the RZR correctly, due to EPA regulation on Polaris. This TFI will also work in a boosted application such as Turbo Charging or Supercharging. Piggy-back controllers offer easy user fine tuning and make a lot of sense to customize your fuel curve. The only way, however, to alter ignition timing and rev limiters is to replace the factory ECU or reprogram it. It has not been common place to replace the entire fuel injection / timing control on a vehicle due to cost and the integrated nature of the factory module. This leaves only one viable option for ignition; Let Hot Ride program your unit. Our standard tune up includes increasing the rev limiter to 7000 rpm (stock RZR 6500). We optimized the fuel curve to give you an efficient 13.2:1 Air Fuel Ratio. We found the factory programming to be a bit lean, limiting the full power of your RZR. We also optimized the timing for better acceleration and top end. The results on the RZR are simply amazing. There is no doubt in your mind that new did our homework the minute you plug in your new box. You will experience better acceleration and a higher top speed. At 5000 feet of altitude the RZR could barely hit the rev limiter (a common problem for the RZR at lower altitudes). With the reprogramming, we added 4 MPH and a 3 car length holeshot of the stock unit. Custom programming is available.

Features:
. 7000 rpm Rev limit.
. No Speed limiter in Forward or REVERSE.
. Optimized timing curve.
. Optimized fuel curve.
. Faster acceleration and top speed.
. Includes a custom billet cover / heat sink.
. Unit works perfectly on Stock motors as well as Turbo Charged or Supercharged ones.

IS IT THE SAME AS MOUNTAIN PERFORMANCE?
DO YOU OFFER A YOU SHIP ME ONE THEN I SHIP YOU MINE AND GET MY CORE CHARGE BACK SERVICE, HENCE NO DOWN TIME?

·
michiganhooligans
855 Posts
big island kart shop you need to read all post about rzr ecu upgrade. You need to get cought up your way behind.

·
Registered
101 Posts
:bigpop:

·
Registered
101 Posts
How is the Vid coming along? Do you need more footage?
If you want to line em up, let me know.. I know the weather is rough (rain) but there is always Pismo this weekend!

·
michiganhooligans
855 Posts
hmmm. hothide4u. I was hoping thay would come up with a program that works great. Or just tell us its a bust. It's kinda flaky that it's taking so long.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
hmmm. hothide4u. I was hoping thay would come up with a program that works great. Or just tell us its a bust. It's kinda flaky that it's taking so long.

It works better than previously mentioned.

I am sorry you feel it has taken so long to get back to you.

The last time I checked you weren't signing my paycheck. I have orders to fulfill. Our customers come first.

Went to Dumont for fun and testing.

We just got back last night.

Had a death in the close family.

Going to the funeral Friday.

Please try to be nice. You come make me feel that you are a bully.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
If you guy's would quit pissing in my cheerios i wouldent have to keep talking about it. I started this $hit because i bought a cdi box and got riped off. Hotride tryed to cover up the fact that thay reprogramed the box. Know there telling us we reprogramed the box. Who the hell is we. If hotride can reprogram why do thay need mpi. Like the one guy said there to flaky for me. I cant say for sure but i think i have the new program in the box that just got shipped back to me. It took mac 14 days. to reprogram my box. IM sure he sent that program to hotride. Even if the new program works good i dont trust flaky people. So i will be selling my box.
What do you do for a living?

·
michiganhooligans
855 Posts
hotride4u . when i wrote quit pissing in my cheerios i wasent talking to you. I was talking to the people that keep saying that the old program will give a stock rzr the results that are fetured about it. you know as well as i do that this is not true or you would have stuck with the first program. It dont take a degree in mfg and mechanical enginering to find out if a cdi box works or not. Im sure having this degree would help aid someone that wants to come up with a program that will give result. or a degree might help one tell customers not to spend this much cash on a cdi box for a stock rzr. I have said what i do for a living. And i will tell you the same thing i told my dad the detroit diesel doctor. Its alot more fun breaking things than it is fixing them. the main reson i left wrenching is do to the fact that i did not get along with upper managment ripping the customers off. now days it dont matter if a costomer comes back. This is do to the world being over populated. same go's for the customer there's another shop just up the street. what is lost here is quality. Thats why rzrforums is such a great tool for quality. We can stick togather as a team and force quality to happen. If im coming off like a bully im sorry. Im just sticking up for the customer and myself. Im sorry for the Hothide4u comment. but in my defense you do have at least six lap tops and you did put yourself in the middle so i feel that a post just saying hi we havent forgot about you would have gone a long way. As for gitting a pay check signed well you have to have customers. I gess i dident realize that i wasent your customer. my next quistion would be is anybody on rzr forms your customer. Sorry to be such a bully but im just quoting what you write. as for the new program make sure you tell true results to your customers. whoever thay are.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I JUST ORDERED MY ECU FROM MPI. IN TALKING WITH MPI I FOUND OUT THAT MPI IS DOING THE REPROGRAMING FOR HOTRIDE4U, UTV CRAP AND SOME OTHERS.
UTV CRAP COMES RIGHT OUT AND SAY'S THAT THEY JUST PUT THERE STICKER ON THE MPI BOX. IF HOTRIDE4U IS INFACT SAYING THAT THEY REPROGRAM THIER OWN BOXES, THEN THAT IS NOT SAYING VERY MUCH FOR THEM BEING A COMPANY TO TRUST.
MPI STATES HOW HARD IT IS TO CRACK THE CODES ON THESE BOXES.
MPI SAY'S THAT ANY ONE WHO REALLY PROGRAMED THIER OWN BOX SHOULD KNOW ALL THE SPECS AND BE ABLE TO OFFER CUSTOM PROGRAMING WITHOUT MORE TURN AROUND TIME.
MDEVANS HAS A POINT ABOUT HOTRIDE4U.

·
"RHINO" HUNTER
147 Posts
This topic is getting really tired. If you don't trust a vendor. use one that you do trust. Move on

·
Registered
210 Posts
curious to see video. what rzr will the test be done on.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.