Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my RZR in for the 50 hour sevice. I was out of state at the Oregon Dunes and blew by the 25 hour service having to much fun. This is when the fun stopped. Took the RZR on the trailer to have the 50 hour service done, when I got home. It the service took a week and I picked it up at a cost of $227.34. I thought is it was a little pricey..... Was given a invoice for the 50 hour service that was two and half pages long of thingsthey were to check. The very frist thing on the list was # 1." Inspect /lubricate/adjust streeing. #2. Inspect/ lubricate /adjust/front suspension. # 3. Inspect /lubricate/ adjust rear suspension etc.....
Got home and over two week later did not have a ride on it getting ready for the next one. .... Funny thing I had a wheel off to make sure the spare I had bought was going to work. All the suspension zerks had the sand still on them. from Oregon......
Called the dealer and ask to speak to the service department and asked what was done on the 50 hour, knowing from the invoice. Sure enough He told me the same things. This is where it gets fun. I told him about the zerks still having the sand and dirt on them when he said " how do you know we didn't. " So my question was if they did not do the frist things on the list how can I tell just what was done ? He told me to bring it back and they would throw some grease at it. 45 mins to get there and 45 back I declined.

California Custom Trailers and Power Sports.
Elk Grove, California

Be forewarned......I have bought quite a few accessories from them, although I had not bought the RZR there. I will not go back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Total garbage. I'm sure you're like me....no dealers closer than an hour away, but anyway you look at it, it pisses you off. I'm thinking of investing in a service manual and doing most everything I can by myself. It seems like there's a lot of mediocrity in the cycle dealer/repair business. It's really too bad. The unfortunate part is that a few bad ones really ruin it for the good ones. Rarely you hear the positive stuff.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Now I need to really look at my rzr. Just had mine serviced there 2 weeks ago. Mine cost $157. But that included a 20% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that basically dealers are not the place to take our machines for service. I have a 2013 570, we have 67 miles on it. But I am going to do most of the service myself, and whatever I can't do, there is a really great shop here in St George where I buy tires. They can do everything, and they told me as long as I keep receipts for the work, it does not void the warantee. I am still bugging my dealer for my Utah registration stickers. I could of gone to MVA faster than they have. It has almost been a month, and I am riding around in state parks without registration. I threatened them by saying If I get any fines, they are paying them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just took mine in for the 25 hr service. cost me 37 bucks. happy with that but concerned that they never lubed the suspension bushings and never changed the diff oils. i asked about the diff oils and they said 75hrs is when the do the diffs. is that what everyone else is being told? i mean i would gladly pay to have it done and not complain if it needed done but i didnt know so i didnt pursue it any further

·
Registered
195 Posts
Because of the need these days by these large dealerships to "maximize stockholder equity" and the pay big bonuses to management, they must cut corners using mininum wage/benefit-less employees with little experience and no motivation to do the job correctly, but with pressure to do it fast and take shortcuts. Not the way it should be, but the way it is. You are much better off to get the manual and do the work yourself. As a side benefit; you will understand how your machine works and more likely be able to repair it out on the trail.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I notice that most of the owners on this thread are relatively new. That is good, because it means that there are new guys getting their feet wet with service issues. Believe me, even if you have limited skills, a small work area and just a few tools, you can service the routine stuff on your RZR with ease. You will also save $$$!
Here is an ages old addage: A guy making $15 an hour can't afford to pay a guy $75 an hour to fix his car. It just doesn't work.
Go to your dealer, and buy the oil filter and lubricants. Get a 6 MM allen wrench for the engine oil drain plug, and a pair of $8 oil filter PLIERS, not the cup tool. Buy a $20 grease gun and and a $4 tube of grease. You will have your tools paid off on the 2nd service job, you will know it was done, and you will have the personal satisfaction that you are maintaining your own toys!
BTW, the Owners manual actually spells out routine servicing procedures and intervals better than the Service manual!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thank you very much RMR, great advice. I usually have maintained my previous ATVs, and motorcycles. I will have to add a grease gun for all those suspension fittings, but otherwise I am good to go.
Disposal of the old oil is a problem where I live, but I noticed that OReilly Auto Parts will take the oil for recycling. Not the container though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just a tip. Walmart sells a funnel with a hose on it with a thing that you can turn that will stop the flow from the funnel.

The funnel has markings on it, so you can, for example, put 14oz in it and fill the transfer case with out taking out the level check plug.

Note: the transfer case level check plug is hard to reinstall and is easy to cross thread.

Also, the drain plugs on the transfer case and transmission are fine thread and will strip easily if you over tighten them. Note the torque is in INCHES not Lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts