Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to say where do I start, when immediately “Thank God” came to mind.

Yesterday we had an event where everything went wrong.....but everything went right. First, everyone involved is doing fine.

One does not throw the term “miracle “ around much, but God was watching over us.

I will make this as short as possible.

We had parked at a very picturesque rock point near Red Feather Lakes, Colorado.

We backed our RZRs up a steep incline. ( LeRoy Kayl, Kevin Dudak, and I)

After taking some pictures, our granddaughter Gracie (Casey Kayl) wanted to sit in my RZR.

We are not sure what actually happened, but the next thing I heard was the RZR coming out of park, and taking off like a shot, straight for a 10’ drop-off with a 45 deg. downhill for several hundred feet.

LeRoy and I both tried to stop the RZR, him grabbing onto the driver’s side and me reaching in the passenger side, trying to jam it back into park.

It dragged LeRoy and I to the edge, where we could not hold on any longer.

Gracie rode it down about 250 feet, end over end, bouncing as high as 20 feet after each hit ( witnessed by Kevin).

At about 50 feet before the final stopping point, Grace was thrown free.

Now for the intervention of God’s hand, Gracie has bumps and bruises, but perfect in every way. LeRoy and I stopped from going over the drop-off by inches. LeRoy skinned his elbow and chin. I jammed my shoulder, and have a bruised rib due to the RZR running over my upper left side.

God Is great!

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Miracle is an understatement! Wow so she just sat in it for pics so Im guessing no seat belt or helmet right? Thats so awesome shes ok!

·
Registered
114 Posts
OMG guy!!

I am overjoyed to read Casey Kay only suffered bumps and bruises.

I can't imagine what you were going through.

Casey Kay, you go girl!!!!!

:huepfenicon111:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Glad your all OK!

I had no idea you had trails around Red Feather, my parents have a place in Fox Acres up there. Very beautiful area.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad your all OK!

I had no idea you had trails around Red Feather, my parents have a place in Fox Acres up there. Very beautiful area.
3 miles south of the Ppt Belly Restaurant, then west into the national forest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
So happy to hear that everyone is ok! You can never be too careful with these machines, especially around young ones!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.