Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
As I recall, the book says every 100 hours. I'm changing oil at 50 hours using the counting hour meter on the speedo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Changing my oil soon and I just need confirmation from someone. For those using full synthetic 0w-40 is this just regular motor oil like mobile 1 motor oil or is it special specifically for Atv/utv motor oil? And is 0w-40 ok to use?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Changing my oil soon and I just need confirmation from someone. For those using full synthetic 0w-40 is this just regular motor oil like mobile 1 motor oil or is it special specifically for Atv/utv motor oil? And is 0w-40 ok to use?
The book cautions not to use automotive oil, but a powersports oil instead which has additives that are better for your engine. There are a lot of oil threads in this forum that have discussed (and cussed) different oils. Do a search.

As far as weight goes, I would use a weight recommended in your owner's manual, and probably anything in the 5w50, 10W40 or 10w50 range should be acceptable.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Mike, 2 years later I'm scanning, so I'll answer.

Micron rating has no SAE test methodology associated. Or so is reported by BITOG guys. Most seem to consider it a vendor marketing FUD factor. It is probably indicative of differences between one MFg's line, but not too telling comparing Wix to Poo, as an example.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
For those of you tired of oil spilling, this is interesting reading:

Net: Wix 51357 has anti-drainback in both directions. very nice...

101 - 108 of 108 Posts