Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
This is some great info. I'm between the Wix 56XP and the 57 filter. Does anyone know if the stock Polaris Oil Filter has the same setup as the 57 filter? If not, is this really a big issue if you use good oil to ensure dry startup doesn't hurt the motor.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Just changed oil yesterday and there was a little oil in the 51356 but not much. Just put new oil in and and the 51357 I'll wait and see in the morning if I have the rattle noise.

·
2014 xp900 orange madness
7 Posts
Why is nobody recommending the Fleetguard # LF3644, Fleetguard , aka Cummins Filtration.....do I work for Cummins? Yes I do, however if you research filter companies, Fleetguard is the only one with a 100% warranty.. Not the prorated warranty... I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has either on here or my email..... [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why is nobody recommending the Fleetguard # LF3644, Fleetguard , aka Cummins Filtration.....do I work for Cummins? Yes I do, however if you research filter companies, Fleetguard is the only one with a 100% warranty.. Not the prorated warranty... I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has either on here or my email..... [email protected]
Good to know, thanks! I use Fleetgaurd in all my vehicles and farm equipment. Now the Rzr will have one also.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Where do you typically buy them TSC?

·
Registered
6 Posts
First DIY service here today on Desert Tan Edition 800:

Oil Change:
WIX filter
Rotella 5w-40

FrontDiff/TransferCase/Transmission:
OReily Brand hydraulic fluid(JD20 C/D)

RearDiff:
Synthetic 75-90

All is well so far....

·
Registered
5 Posts
just got 2015 trail ready to change oil been using valovine atv oil in other bikes found fram oil filter #ph6017a extra guard is this ok to use for 900 trail

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would not use a standard fram oil filter as they were very low rated in multiple tests that you can find online.

best brands being wix and pure one along with Mobile 1 and k&n also being highly rated with synthetic filter material. Surprisingly the Supertech Walmart was rated good also but do not believe they make them anymore

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wouldn't.
0-40, 5-40 or 5-50 full synthetic recommended.
10-50 HD for high heat climates.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts