Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Subscribed. . Great info.. I knew someone from the forum would have this figured out. Awesomeness. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just put on a NAPA PLATINUM oil filter #47356 on my 2010 Rzr 800 Trail Machine. It fit perfectly, and from reviewing the information about this filter, it appears to be a really good filter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anybody had a problem with oil filters bottoming out on the threads before the o-ring gaskets seal to the engine? I have a 2011 RZR S and went through 4 different filters before giving up on it. I purchase a Fram 6017A, Mobile 1 M1-110 Bosch 3300 and even the PoPo filter 2540086. The only one that is working is a HiFlo HF198.
Not one of the filters part #s you tried are even on the list of equivalents. (I don't see the PoPo listed in the original list so not sure). Why did you even try them?:rollfinger:

·
Registered
437 Posts
--

I read that some of you guys are contemplating using the re-usable filter for $119.00. Is that correct? If you look at their website, they specify that it filters down to 35 microns. Plus, you have to clean it to reuse it.

A Purolator Pure One, 14610, which in some tests rank #1, filters down to 20 microns at 99.9% efficiency. Plus, it costs $4.00 at Kmart and you can just throw it away at oil changes. Works on my Yamaha Grizzly and RoadStar motorcycle, too.

Hmmm. Tough choice.

--

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is great information! I went to the dealership just the other day and spent $40.00 on a filter and two quarts of oil. So glad I ran across this info. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Subscribed

·
Community Smart***
379 Posts
Also guys since you're running synthetic oil... Wix came out with a new filter for harsher conditions and made for synthetic oils...

WIX 51356XP

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Without looking thru pages and pages, is the 800rzr oil filter the same as oil filter on the 900xp?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes the 51356 or Pure One PL14610

·
Registered
299 Posts
subscribing. anyone know who makes the OE filter for Polaris?
I would put money on Wix making them, they look identical side by side.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
subscribing. anyone know who makes the OE filter for Polaris?
I would put money on Wix making them, they look identical side by side.
I agree with that statement.

IV been using Purolator filters, they're known from testing to be one of the best filters on the market... and from what I understand Motorcraft oil filters are made by Purolator

61 - 80 of 108 Posts