Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I have used Mobil 1 in my cars for years and have torn down a few engines that ran it. They all looked like new inside . Bearing wear was minimal. Great oil. I run it in my Harleys too. I'm gonna switch the RZR to it next oilchange.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There should be some spark plugs, but the air filter will be a little tougher to find. I searched and searched for a compatible air filter before I finally gave up and bought an OEM one for $30 on eBay. There was a rumor that NAPA had one that would fit, but no one ever knew the part # or had much more info on it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If its a Standard RZR, then yes also. You need to. You need to because when you pull the wire off of each plug, there will more than likely be packed full of dirt around the plug on all sides. You need to get some sort of a pick or small flat head screwdriver and scrap all around the plug to loosen the dirt. Then blow it out with an air compressor. If you don't, then as you unscrew the plug, all of the dirt and stuff will fall into the motor. It took me several times and about 15mins per plug to change mine out because I had to loosen up so much dirt around each plug and keep blowing it out. It is pretty much necessary to pull the bed.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm not sure, but that is exactly what I bought for my 2009 standard 800

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs - BKR7EIX (NAPA Part # 2667):

O'reillys - $8.99 (Did not carry, but could order them)
Pep Boys - (Claimed they couldn't even order them)
Autozone - $8.89 (Did not carry, but could order them)
NAPA Auto Parts - $8.49 (Had them in stock)

I searched online and found some too, but with shipping, they were more expensive than those above. Most only sold as a set of (4) online, so it would maybe a lite cheaper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great thread here. Subscribing.

This is my first ATV and am enjoying the hell out of it. Do you guys all do your own routine maintenence? I took my 2012 XP4 900 into the dealer I bought it from yesterday for its first break in oil change etc. I guess I should have asked how much the bill was going to be. They had a winter special where the labor rate was 49$/hr. I figured my bill would be about 100$ tops. I was very surprised when I went to pick it up and my bill was 260$. WTF! I really dont want to get hit with that charge every time I need new fluids. Is there some sort of walk through video or thread that tell what needs to be checked and how to change fluids? I am very novice when it comes to wrenching, will I be able to do all this my self? How often will the oil and filters need to be changed on this beast? Sorry for the noob questions.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I just switched to the reusable oil filter on my XP.
milos
Polaris ATV/ Side by Side PCS1
Good find, Milos! Ordering now........

Cheers
X2, we have been using that type of filter in our 4 stroke dirt bikes for years. If I remember right, they filter something like 5 or 10 times smaller particals than regular filters.
Also a big plus is you can see any particals and inspect on the filter before cleaning :nerd:
Ordering mine now!!! Great thread!!! Thanks for all the great info everybody!!!!:)

·
H20
53 Posts
I know another forum that has a FAQ headline at the top of POLARIS that has a long list of bearings, seals and filters that can be purchased from outside sources. They also have real world reviews on these parts.

·
noob
499 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fram 6017a also fits. They say that is the one for the rzr 800 on their website. Probably a few $$ more though. It says its a powersports filter. Not that it is any different. Thats the one I just got.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bennijiggs. Your owners manual has the service intervals for everything. Follow that if you want to do it right.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts