Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

How much time do you spend cleaning your rzr after each ride?

• I don't ride it, I just shine it...

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • 2+ hours

Votes: 461 50.0%
  • 10 min - 1 hour

Votes: 409 44.4%
  • Clean it why?

Votes: 47 5.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent almost an hour spraying the mud out of all the nooks and crannies of my 800. I do it after every ride, and have been since my first atv. Made me curious how much time everyone else spends cleanup up their rzr.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ride for a day, clean for 1/2 day lol. pita.
Haha that's how it feels for sure. I'm learning pretty quick unlike an atv, these rzrs get mud everywhere not just on the underside. Doesn't even have to be that muddy out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I hate to put my buggy away dirty so I try to stop by the local coin operated car wash on the way home. First I soak it entirely with the "Tire Pre-wash" then I pressure wash(only about 1500psi) with soap. Takes about $10 and thirty minutes with WV mud. With NC red clay it's $18 and 50min.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I thought about how much time I put in cleaning, just did it today (2.5 hrs) and realized to close plastic around that engine or front end would trap heat. Not good. So its either clean a lot or have possible heat related issues. I'll take cleaning. We have PA clay around here though too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've sprayed my ride down with baby oil and spray silicone. Both are great to help mud fall off. And I normally wait a day or two to clean. Another thing I've done is spray muddy bike down with simple green (don't dilute) and let soda for like 10 mins also is a big help.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net -- KorMan

·
Registered
589 Posts
We ride average twice a week. I hose it off at the car wash about every second ride. Really, why? Its just going to get dirty again. We arent insane riders though. Probley 3/4 of my riding could be done in our truck.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
wheel wells would be nice, but then theres the air flow thing and they are hot blooded to start with. there are some nice block off mods i have seen on here. oh well its only a days worth of cleaning / greasing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I spend several hours after a multi-day trip. Part of the time is removing and reinstalling my Factory UTV skid plate and other accessory parts and pieces. I use Simple Green. After I'm done with the washing part I clean or change the air filter, change the oil and filter, and put grease in all zerks. Even with all that, as soon as I put everything back together I find something I missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I bring a friend they usually offer to pay for gas, I say just pay for the car wash, I'll pay for the gas. They think they're getting a better deal until we get to the car wash :).

·
Registered
50 Posts
After the first all weekend ride, I spent about 8 hours cleaning mine. Sprayed entire machine to get mud off, soaked everything with simple green, let it sit about 5 mins, rinse and wash, dry off, and finally sprayed everything down with SC 1 silicone spray. Ready for second outing!

J

·
0 Posts
Takes me about 6 to 8 hours to clean and detail after riding!
And all it takes is about 2 seconds into the next ride and it is as dirty/muddy as before. I have come to learn that it is a big waste of time trying to keep them clean in east TN.

I only wash my rzr when I have to work on it- I waste a lot of time cleaning it :rofl3:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Takes me about 6 to 8 hours to clean and detail after riding!
And all it takes is about 2 seconds into the next ride and it is as dirty/muddy as before. I have come to learn that it is a big waste of time trying to keep them clean in east TN.

I only wash my rzr when I have to work on it- I waste a lot of time cleaning it :rofl3:
East tn rider here as well. It's muddy everywhere.... And the lac of fender coverage makes for a mud covered ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got done with Drummond island...about 6-8 hours later done with cleaning, greasing, and servicing it...when I clean it, I check for worn parts...

Sent from my GT-P6210 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
45 Posts
I spray wd-40 on mine before i go out if its going to be muddy. Good deal we picked up while racing motocross. Mud and dust practically wipes off. Just be sure not to spray the brake rotors. Trust me, you're not going to stop very well for a mile or so. With that said i spend usually 20-30 minutes pressure washing then another hour or two detailing and what not if i feel like it haha

1 - 20 of 281 Posts