Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video we put up of a catch can company we found that didn't require modifications to run. Had a few opportunities to run and test the product and would highly recommend. Dont forget to subscribe.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
Don't mean to let the air out of your balloon but that is just a rebranded generic catch can and nothing special. They are not "designed" for the RZR turbo or any specific model. Exact same can be purchased for $30-40 on eBay or Amazon. There are better options available.

See Oil Catch Can / Seperator

·
Morris Racing #711
813 Posts
I have pretty much the same setup mounted in the same location, except I put it together myself for half that cost using 10an fittings and braided line instead of rubber hose and hose clamps. I like the can I have better too, it has a sight glass on it so I can see when it needs drained. Like Joe said, these aren't really vehicle specific, you can get your own can and do it yourself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have pretty much the same setup mounted in the same location, except I put it together myself for half that cost using 10an fittings and braided line instead of rubber hose and hose clamps. I like the can I have better too, it has a sight glass on it so I can see when it needs drained. Like Joe said, these aren't really vehicle specific, you can get your own can and do it yourself.
oh don’t get me wrong. There is functional and then there is flashy. The RZR Proz can is both and you pay for it, but it’s built extremely well. I get you can piece one together for $50 with amazon and eBay pieces but the fit and finish is quality. As it should be for the price. Plus I don’t mind supporting a shop that tailors to our machines.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,761 Posts
Lots of overpriced looky goods on that RZR Proz site.... not sure I'm a fan, but if it works, and it's your cup of tea, that's cool. Really wish they didn't spell their name with a Z tho :ROFLMAO:

I think Joe did a great job on that write up, and his setup. I went a different route purely because of the size of the catch can, I wanted something a little more compact. I actually have the same can from the OP's video. In hindsight, I'm not happy with it really. I paid too much, and it doesn't work as good as it should. Mine is plumbed back to the J tube after the can still, and without a filter media ( it just has a drilled baffle on the outlet ), I still get a little oil that gets past the can into the intake, which is what the can is supposed to stop in the first place. A setup with filter media would function significantly better.

As stated, there's nothing special or machine specific about the idea, it's just a crankcase vent into a can, but there are better ways to set it up that will function better.

·
Morris Racing #711
813 Posts
oh don’t get me wrong. There is functional and then there is flashy. The RZR Proz can is both and you pay for it, but it’s built extremely well. I get you can piece one together for $50 with amazon and eBay pieces but the fit and finish is quality. As it should be for the price. Plus I don’t mind supporting a shop that tailors to our machines.
That's good that you're happy with the setup you have. I prefer quality over convenience, so I built it how I wanted it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is my all black RZRPROZ catch can.
I also have their sway bar links on my eibach bars
It doesn’t seem to have much oil in it when I use the car.
Do you guys add that steel mesh stuff inside to catch more oil particles?

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 672015

·
Registered
66 Posts
View attachment 672015
I have both the case and the valve cover vented to the same can. This causes a bit of a mess with blowing out the filter. Especially under long runs under load. In order to prevent this, I filled with slosh foam (same stuff they put in gas tanks in race cars). It has made a huge difference in condensing the vapors/oil, however I need to add a little more and I think it will totally fix the issue of blowing out the breather. The foam seemed to be the only material that I was comfortable with putting in there, even though the can only acts as a vent to atmosphere for my application. I’d recommend packing the can as much as possible without compressing the foam. I’d avoid steel wool or anything that can degrade. I know this is a debated topic. I usually have a teaspoon of milky oil/vapor after a long ride. Running a bigger turbo so I’m assuming I push more oil than average.Google search catch can baffling. They sell the foam on most big box speed websites. I was lucky and had access to a large prefilter made from the same material and stuffed it inside. Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts