Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Or you could do what i did and mount a .30 caliber ammo can in that spot that is waterproof and holds quite a bit, and can be had for less than $10.

IMG_20190801_155915.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Fought I would share something pretty cool with everyone. It's a new release from PRP, a bag designed for either driver or passenger side, will hold a belt as well as tools. Price is very reasonable and from a reputable resource.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VMK4QLC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_SqyqDbHQ3D9D2
I think it is excellent product... I have remote shock reservoirs they can easily be angled up a bit. I have thought about the ammo can idea and it is more waterproof and protective just not for me.
Like most rzr owners I am limited in storage space with a 2 seat XPT .. I have mostly PRP bags (doors and center bag )and they are great. I could use this on mountain trips or other ...tow strap!! ...I have a B-day coming up might be the ticket ...Good find!!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Wonder how much restriction it has on air flow for intake/clutch vents?

None- as the stock intake vents don't suck air from the inside- only the XPT vents suck air from inside/outside the bed, but a good catch on that.
I could see it being a bit restrictive on the Turbo style vents.
Possibly stick up higher, as the turbo vents are higher than the stock vents on a XP,and the pictures posted above look like it's on a XPT.

Stock vs. Turbo vents
turbo intake Vents.png

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bag, but it's not made by PRP. It's a Detroit Gear bag.
Correct, but they are manufactured by PRP. I know the guy that designed them, and I know that he is working on a model that will work with the RZR's that have remote reservoirs. I will keep everyone posted as soon as I know anything more

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bags with the bracket for rzrs with remote reservoirs are in, and fit perfect. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I think I am going with the ridgid tool box set up for my new xp19 and my yeti will go right behind that and spare axles where the ammo can goes. But I used to use a ammo can they work great and i have prp door bags I live them

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up a set of these and they are nice. They fit nicely and hold all my tools in a tool roll perfectly plus the factory tools and a few extras on one side. The other side holds my tow strap and a spare belt. The bags have a Detroit Gear tag, but do in fact say PRP on the zippers. Freed up my bed for the SuperATV cooler I will be getting soon. They are easy to install and come with quality parts. I would buy again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Or you could do what i did and mount a .30 caliber ammo can in that spot that is waterproof and holds quite a bit, and can be had for less than $10.

View attachment 581318
Can you give me the dimensions of your ammo can ? how did you mount it ?

Do you think this one will work ?

https://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Metal-Ammo-Can/dp/B07F3CHWLR
Yes that's the same one I have mounted on mine...30 caliber. After hitting the outside with a coat of black spray paint, I just drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the can lengthwise and matched the holes with new holes through my plastic. I used panhead bolts and polylock nuts with washers inside the ammo can as well as right under the nuts. I do a lot of deep water and mud riding, so I also put a dab of RTV around the holes in the can to keep it sealed.

Doing this gives you a waterproof, crushproof, secure (if you add a lock) container that you can put together for less than $10 if you hit the flea market.

IMG_20190918_174851.jpg

IMG_20190918_174901.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts