Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as not to mix the SSV thread with another brand, new thread. Has anyone installed a Shark Audio system in their Rzr? Looks like they're marketed for motorcycles but appear like they'd work well on ATV's and SXS. For the $ they look really good. at 1/4 of the price I think it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 250watt Shark system, it works fine for me, I'm not that fussy about sound quality etc.. just want to listen to music via the i-pod of fm radio. When your driving fast with alot of wind in your face it can be hard to hear but through most of my driving it is nice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased the 100 watt system about two weeks ago,(2 rides). I mounted the speakers by ea. seat so easy to hear, I used hose clamps to the brackets to mount on the roll bar. So far so good specially for the price. I used my eq on my phone to adjust for best sound quality. The unit gets a little warm but no problems yet. I figured it would be ok till I figure what I really want to do for some tunes.

I ordered another one for a friend. Probably gonna order another for my brother. For fifty bucks I cant complain, maybe it will last for a little wile.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got the 100w in my wifes standard RZR and the 250w in my S. Love them and they work great. I mounted the speakers on the front of the cage (facing the driver). They're not in my line of vision and sound great. My buddy is ordering one for his commander too. I've had mine completely submerged in water and it still works.

·
Registered
739 Posts
They sound good for the money, but the amp will burn up. Just replace with a Pyle amp or any that has ipod hookup and your still WAY less in debt than with the SSV and depending on amount of speakers/amp watts you will probably be louder.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got one last year. It wasn't loud enough at WOT for me. The set-up is nice, but sound quality sucked IMO. I think I have like a 150w or 200w, not sure. I have since bought an infinity wakeboard system and will be using that instead.
Splurge a little and get a higher wattage one than I did or just piece together your own system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts