Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so one of our members asked me to make him one of these, and I figured since the stock part is 1/8" thick, I better make it thicker. This is the first one we made, I will likely add a couple lower gussets to the next one for some added vertical strength to the loop.

The plate itself is 1/4" thick, and the loop is 1/2" thick. The loop is MIG welded all the way around on the outside surface, and has also been welded on the inside surface of the plate in 2 small locations for added pulling strength.

The stock bolts are long enough to get into the Nylock portion of the nut if you don't use the stock gold colored washers.

Here's a few pics.....

Price coming soon.

·
Registered
134 Posts
how about somthing like that for the front of a 09 with a winch so if you use a snatch block you have something to hook back to our to pull someone out back words

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about somthing like that for the front of a 09 with a winch so if you use a snatch block you have something to hook back to our to pull someone out back words
I own an 09, I will look at it this weekend and see what I can come up with! Great idea Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
interested in one raw finish as i am havin all my suspension powdercoated different color

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color are you looking to do, our guy has hundreds of colors, they use Tiger Drylac, you can probably find the color you are doing your suspension right here,
TIGER Coatings: TIGER. A synonym for colors & effects.
If not, I really dont like to ship non powder coated parts, but if you are going to do all of your suspension, you likely wont just spray paint it right, thats my concern is a customer says they will coat it their self, then its spray painted and looks like crap after a couple rides and my name is on it on the trail where people will see it.... Let me know ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is the system I came up with for my 2010 rzr 4. I used a rear receiver from an 08 rzr (2nd edition, they had a bolt on receiver). It works great and by using an upside down drop bar I can get it up high enough to keep it out of the mud (usually). Of course you have to have the deluxe front bumper, but I also like that it is easily removable. I can take better close up pictures if interested, just let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hasn't so far, has worked very well. And thats one of the great things about it, just like any regular ball mount, if needed it can be easily removed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What color are you looking to do, our guy has hundreds of colors, they use Tiger Drylac, you can probably find the color you are doing your suspension right here,
If not, I really dont like to ship non powder coated parts, but if you are going to do all of your suspension, you likely wont just spray paint it right, thats my concern is a customer says they will coat it their self, then its spray painted and looks like crap after a couple rides and my name is on it on the trail where people will see it.... Let me know ;)
my reason for wanting to powder it with the rest of my suspension is so it will be more of a match using the same powder

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my reason for wanting to powder it with the rest of my suspension is so it will be more of a match using the same powder

Check your PM's ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh hell yeah! Insane power! Going to get Ken's 900 lined up next to my 850 next weekend before i trade it and see whats faster. Sure feels ALOT faster than the 850!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know man, the 850's we have are damn fast!!! You are going to regret getting rid of it, I know it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will miss the wheelies for sure, but i swear the 900 is faster. And don't worry, i give it a year and ill be building another race bike......just dont tell Jen. LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can you make a hitch plate up, really interested.. Thanks
Its in the works, 2" receiver hitch with tie down/tow hook loops. I hope to have one made and powder coated within a week for pictures. Like everything we make, it will be priced great and be one beefy S.O.B. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts