Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at several turbo kits out on the market. At times its kinda difficult to narrow the kits down. I was wondering has anyone tired, heard of or even seen a A&S Turbo on a XP. I appreciate everyones input. Thanks

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I would go with a proven company nothing worse than constantly wrenching on a machine just to save a 1g or so

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Dan is good in turbos but i never heard that he is building kits for the XP900.
But for sure he know his stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really appreciate everyones input. I have spoke with dan on the phone and he does sound really knowledgeable.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I dont know about that real high exhaust (heat) and real low intake (wet and dirty fast). That intake piping dropping way down below the bumper (fugly) That just doesnt look like something for me. Im sure you could plumb in a donaldson though

·
Registered
286 Posts
I know he has set world record speeds with his sleds and quads, theres a youtube video of his rzr xp recing a crotchrocket and beating it. pretty impressive, but that was with a apex motor. Still seems like hes really good with turbos as well

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I would go with a proven company nothing worse than constantly wrenching on a machine just to save a 1g or so
Actually their air to air low boost is about $500 more than the MCX low boost turbo.
Anyone ran one of these?:popcorn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed one of the a&s kits on stock rzr they make good power and I wouldn't necessarily call it a low boost kit we have run 12 plus psi on race gas as it comes out of the box and also ran 8 psi on pump gas.Dan is very knowledgeable and the kit is made with good components the issue I have is the clutch isn't tunable the weights are solid with no adjustment and he also leaves the stock helix and secondary spring so there is some left on the table with clutch tuning not a ton in terms of a drag race but overall. I'm also not a huge fan of the fuel controller he uses but for a end user that likes to "set it and forget it" it works ok for that. For that amount of $$ I would buy from Packard Performance they have a quality kit and are also a supporting vender of RZR forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts