Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

It looks like I have an RPM issue in my RZR 800S 2013.

I'm kicking the gas paddle as much as possible but the engine RPM doesn't cross the 5800.
Once the engine reaches 5800 RPM, it automatically drops down to around 5500 although I'm still pressing the gas paddle as much as I can(kick-down).

It took a video so it would be easier to demonstrate the issue:

As you can see, the RZR doesn't cross the 65 kph although pressing the gas paddle all the way down nonstop.

When I shift to Neutral, I don't face this problem and the engine works properly.(The RPM is around 7500)

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Automan - you've made 3 posts and they all are about a wiped cam. I take it you must have some experience with a failed cam? You are right that when an engine is down HP it will affect the RPM's.

In my opinion the OP's original post is pretty normal for a CVT clutch (Continuously Variable Transmission). RPM's of 5500-5800 are typical for a stock 800. These are capable of getting to 6200-6300 rpm's safely and not hit the rev limiter but would require an adjustable clutch. It could then be tuned for a better shift pattern. Check out pages 2 & 3 for shift pattern descriptions: https://teamalbaracing.com/files/11-9-c.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts