Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
new to the rzr world .
bought this rzr800 2012 for cheap...
and have this noise from the clutch(probebly), about to take the clutch out to be sure its not knock from the engine,
i have attached pic and video, do i need primary rebuild? dose this bearings move freely when engine is off?
if so where to get best rebuild kits/new primary from?
TIA...

Attachments

· Registered
4,501 Posts
hi
new to the rzr world .
bought this rzr800 2012 for cheap...
and have this noise from the clutch(probebly), about to take the clutch out to be sure its not knock from the engine,
i have attached pic and video, do i need primary rebuild? dose this bearings move freely when engine is off?
if so where to get best rebuild kits/new primary from?
TIA...
1st there should be Teflon washers on both sides of that bearing. But I don't think they would take up as much space as you have movement in the video. So I wonder if the spider has backed off a bit also. As for parts, oem I normally get my stuff from RMATV, tools to disassemble the primary I got mine from Hunterworks, Todd is a wealth of info when it comes to clutching. He also sells a heavy duty center bearing that I installed in my clutch.
You will have to use your own judgement as to whether the clutch is worth rebuilding, some are some aren't.

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Honestly I personally would only use the oem clutch. I've read too many horror stories about the cheap ones. I will say that some have had decent luck with the cheap ones, but it seems to be hit and miss. I'm not one to waste money on a paper weight! Because when they don't work out thats what you have an expensive paper weight.
As for rebuild cost vs new cost, you would just have to add up parts and tools to answer that, which is gonna depend on what all needs raplaced in yours. Buying new will prolly cost more out of pocket, but you wont have to do as much work to get back to riding and you will know the primary is NEW and in good shape.

Reactions: piki

· Registered
4,501 Posts
so i found 2 polaris oem clutches , what the diffrence between- polaris clutch 1322996 or 1322850.?
the primary on my machine has 1322850 on it.
From what I can find the 1322850 was for the 2010 rzr 800. Possible previous owner swapped clutches. All the clutches from 08-14 will fit, some just have different weights and a few have a 1 way center bearing for engine braking. I would go with the 1322996.

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Can you take a pic of your secondary and post it? Just want to make sure it has the rapid reaction secondary.

· Registered
4,501 Posts
Yep that's a rapid reaction secondary which means no engine braking. So I would go with the 1322996 primary. You will have to reuse your weights and spring unless you purchase them extra.

Reactions: piki

· Registered
4,501 Posts
i mean , could it be rod knock and it knock only on high rpm?
It could be. I would start by checking oil pressure.

· Registered
4,501 Posts
how can i check oil pressure?
Check this link and read the rest of the thread also may help you some.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts