Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out riding today with a pretty big group and 2 of the RZRs were 800S. My understanding is that the drive line (engine /trans etc ) is the same as the regular 800. I want the performance I saw in those machines today out of my 800LE.....

So what are the differences and how do I achive that kind of power, clutch kit or ?

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Was out riding today with a pretty big group and 2 of the RZRs were 800S. My understanding is that the drive line (engine /trans etc ) is the same as the regular 800. I want the performance I saw in those machines today out of my 800LE.....

So what are the differences and how do I achive that kind of power, clutch kit or ?
What year is your RZR and what year was there RZR S???

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had much more "snap" to them, and no lack of power climbing big hills. My RZR just doesn't seem to have top end power, it will hit 63mph but I need a lot of room to achive that.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Something is not right. Back when my Standard was stock, it would run off from my Stock S model. Standard is a 08 and the S was a 09. There not stock anymore. But when stock the Standard would leave the S.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something is not right. Back when my Standard was stock, it would run off from my Stock S model. Standard is a 08 and the S was a 09. There not stock anymore. But when stock the Standard would leave the S.
So what else would I look for...I adjusted the throttle cable awhile ago, but maybe I need to check that out again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the S has a H.O. motor. so i was told. ive got a stock 2011 s, and it will run off and leave a stock 800. it had a k&n intake on it when i got it. and i recently took it off. it made a big differince. so it will be going back on soon.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
the S has a H.O. motor. so i was told. ive got a stock 2011 s, and it will run off and leave a stock 800. it had a k&n intake on it when i got it. and i recently took it off. it made a big differince. so it will be going back on soon.
they di dcompared to the 50" rzr in 08-10. not sure about the 11 model, but my 2012 50 walker evans razr has has the H.O. engine in it just likean S model. has H.O. 800 on the decals on fenders too. now the clutching could be different though.

·
Registered
553 Posts
My dealer told me that in 2012 the standard rzr and the s have the same driveline performance. The only difference is the suspension on the s.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
My 2011 50" has the same HO motor also.
Check your throttle linkage again.
Mine after I re adjusted it,took off like a rocket.
I also installed a SPEEDWERX clutch kit,so maybe that had alot to do with it.

Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts