Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, Here goes. 2010 std rzr runs rough and lopes like it has a drag cam, black smoke at idle and up to about 3grand. then clears out and runs great with lots of power.

std rzr 800
clean uni filter/std air tubes, no snorkles
muzzy dual exhaust
stock ecu
only 700 miles
switched coil with known good one
switched plug wires with known good ones
switched maf sensor with known good one
switched ecu with known good one from same year model
cleaned throttle body and set the idle voltages by the manual
new plugs
fuel pressure is dead on 40 psi
checked for broken wires on sensors with no change
no blue or white/oil smoke just flooding bad at lower rpm
idles at 1280 ish but sounds like chit.

Any ideas, please ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys, there has to be someone else with this problem.:question: I have tried every thing I can think of, except traiding it in on a new one.:rzrs: this thing is making me sorry I ever bought a polaris.:pint: It is in excelent condition with not alot of miles, and friends make me ride in the back cause it smells so bad and gives of so much fumes. :sad:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Try changing injectors with known good ones if you have some available (you seem to have a friend with a good RZR available since you swapped out all other known culprits at this point). If you have a bad injector stuck partly open at low RPMs it may cause your issue. At higher RPMs (butterfly in TB open) you are flowing more air and would get a proper A/F ratio. At low RPM, with a stuck injector that cylinder would get a fat A/F ratio causing smoking/rough idle etc. Just a thought and relatively simple to explore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for another point of view. I will try that. I am also going to do a compression test, so this gives me a good lead, I was running out of steam on this thing. :ride:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts