Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
mhays
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new Gibson stainless exhaust (whole thing, from the cylinders back) on my 2012 800 RZR and now the engine stumbles at low rpm. Starts great, idles perfectly, if you step on it gets up and goes, after about 3900 rpm. But from a slight throttle, about 1500 rpm to about 3900 it stumbles. Could this be a side effect of the new exhaust? Could different pressures be messing with the engine mgmt. electronics/controls?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I would call Gibson and ask for their input. I had a Gibson exhaust on my 2009 for a few months, then had the Holz Stage III kit installed and a Muzzys dual exhaust. So I don't have a lot of experience. Have never tried a tuner for the ECU.

I do know that Holz sells a Kroyer ECU that is matched to the Stage III kit with Muzzy exhaust and Holz really recommends you add that. I did, and have no regrets.

But ask Gibson if what you are experiencing might be related to their exahaust. If the answer is no, let us know and we'll recommend some inspections and checks that might lead to an answer.

Pirate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts