Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchesed a RZR 800 on the 12th of sept and took possesion of it on the 14th brought it home parked it in the garage. I rode it 7 times around the block putting all of 10 miles on. When i toolk it out for a ride after work in my neighborhood the engine sounded funny so i took it in to Ride Now Power Sports in SUrprise Az where i bought it. I asked the lead tech as well as the General Manager to check it out, they started it and said it sounded bad. When they diassembled it the forund the engine was bad (A bad lifter) They advised me that all they could do is remove a motor out of a new unit and wait for the crate motor Poloris was sending the to replace the motor in mine. I advised them i wanted a new unit the say they are unable to do so, Polaris does not allow that because i have already titled the one i got from them. The customer service at polaris is advising me all they can do is fix the problem due to manufactures warrantys and will not give me a new unit... What is up with this? Brand new unit never been on dirt.. When i took posession of the unit it had 38 miles on it Ride Now is telling me that this milage is from moving the unit in and out of the store lot, when i bought it it was in the store not outside...... I feel i am being jerked around can anyone help??????

·
Premium Member
22,920 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck ... same thing happened to me ..but then again when my new ford truck had problems ford didnt hand me keys to a new truck

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I purchesed a RZR 800 on the 12th of sept and took possesion of it on the 14th brought it home parked it in the garage. I rode it 7 times around the block putting all of 10 miles on. When i toolk it out for a ride after work in my neighborhood the engine sounded funny so i took it in to Ride Now Power Sports in SUrprise Az where i bought it. I asked the lead tech as well as the General Manager to check it out, they started it and said it sounded bad. When they diassembled it the forund the engine was bad (A bad lifter) They advised me that all they could do is remove a motor out of a new unit and wait for the crate motor Poloris was sending the to replace the motor in mine. I advised them i wanted a new unit the say they are unable to do so, Polaris does not allow that because i have already titled the one i got from them. The customer service at polaris is advising me all they can do is fix the problem due to manufactures warrantys and will not give me a new unit... What is up with this? Brand new unit never been on dirt.. When i took posession of the unit it had 38 miles on it Ride Now is telling me that this milage is from moving the unit in and out of the store lot, when i bought it it was in the store not outside...... I feel i am being jerked around can anyone help??????
Sorry to hear about your bad luck it sounds like the dealer is doing all he can to help you out not many would offer to pull a motor out of another rig until your motor comes in. Most would have you wait. I really don't feel you are being jerked around their is not a car company out their that would give you a new car because of the motor

·
Registered
710 Posts
You really expecta new rzr? When my wifes engine in her Hyundai Santa fe blew because of a faulty Rod pin, the dealer offered to replace the motor. I was thrilled to have them do that!

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts
Your getting a NEW engine and you want more? Thats all there expected to do. And its true, Its titled and cannot be sold as new now. Be glad they didnt tell you it was your fault and left you hanging.

You are being made Whole again. Why would you expect for them to take a loss?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same thing here at least your getting a new engine. They rebuilt mine....

Id rather be burning up the trails than using Tapatalk!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I bought mine it had 18 miles on it. I work for a Kubota dealership and its not hard to rack up miles on the RTVs when moving them from the back lot to the road everyday

Id rather be burning up the trails than using Tapatalk!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts