Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got all of these parts from oreilys. Didn't have to make any modifications to the frame or the stock exhaust, so I could easily put the stock one on if I wanted too.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I read an interesting article on the Moab page about their noise ordinance. It was stated “any” change to the stock exhaust was illegal, even making it quieter. The argument was Moab’s restriction of 92 db was so low no stock UTV could pass and no one could legally modify to reach that level. The point was Moab’s plan was to ban UTV’s from town by making it impossible to be “legal.”

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's interesting. 92db when you rev it to its loudest point ? And I'm using the stock spark arrester

·
Registered
301 Posts
Cool when you get it we should compare db readings.
Lol. Not in a rush to get it. The only reason I'm getting it is cabin noise. The 800 is stupid loud especially with snorkels. Have other things I'm doing to it now like the pinion nut repair.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can get a close reading with a sound meter on an IPhone app. Measure 20” from exhaust outlet at 45 degree from opening. Raise rpm to 1/2 max rpm. Do this outdoors with no walls or objects close and no loud ambient noise or strong wind. Not an official reading but should give you s good idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts