Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is what I put on mine, holding up very well so far.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'd suggest you look into some replacement LTR 450's for the front, YZ 250 for the rear. Huge improvement & you won't have to deal with harsh bumper stop hits from here on. If you take your time you can get both front/rear for $350 or so, including the spacers from Dr Honda. I highly recommend it, made a huge change to my machine - no longer run sway bars with this setup.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
You will have to do some searching in Automotive for a replacement. As they are not sold seperatly through Polaris. Bum deal. There is some better ones to be had, and if memory serves I got some thru Parr Automotive Racing.

And also if you don't know, a bit of heat is gonna be needed to undo the top eye to replace. And go back with High Strength Red. I also have found that it is easier and safer to use two or three ratchet straps to compress the spring for disasemmbly. I need to hunt down a Auto Import Strut Compressor as my large one does not fit well on the Rzr or ATV shocks.

And lastly, your gonna be fighting your shocks untill you replace the weak springs, the will continue to sag and sag. Do some searching on here for Springs. Racertech, Highlifter and Makin Trax seems to be the top three. Makin Trax seems to be on a vacation for who knows how long. Buddy of mine is trying out Super ATV Heavy Springs and so far they are a HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you have the $ upgrade shocks. One of the best things I spent on mine was getting a set of walker evans shocks. Made the ride so much better!

·
Hillbilly Delux
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input I got a hold of Steve from makin trax I think I'm going to go with the MT1's. I think I'll replace the bumper and post them since they only have 400 miles on them. Do you think I would be ok removing the sway bars with this set up?

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Thanks for all the input I got a hold of Steve from makin trax I think I'm going to go with the MT1's. I think I'll replace the bumper and post them since they only have 400 miles on them. Do you think I would be ok removing the sway bars with this set up?
Yep, toss the Sway Bars. You will never put em back on. I didn't. And I only run Makin Trax Springs on factory shocks. They are the ticket! For no more than your shocks are worth or could get, I suggest to toss em on the shelf and if you change Rigs you can keep your nice MT1's to swap over or to resell.

·
Hillbilly Delux
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good point I think I will do that. Do you think it would be worth it for me to get the springs and shocks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts