New information:OK yet another won't start issue! I have a 2013 570 RZR EFI machine. Let's start with; the 570 has been put away for a couple of years (bad news). So as you guessed, the gas and battery went bad. Long story made short, all of that got fixed with a new battery, flushing the tank, cleaning the inside of the tank with a rag, draining the fuel out of the lines, and replacing the fuel pump. Added a couple of gallons of new gas and away we go!!!! I ran it around and put it through all of the paces. OK the 570 ran well, then it was time for more gas, so I added another gallon and continued riding..... but... shortly thereafter at idle, she died! Restarted with a pop and a kick (a backfire from the engine) and with a little push on the gas pedal I'm on my way again. So after a short time, I stopped and let her cool down. That's all she wrote.... won't start issue....
OK, what have I tried:
1. Though I added some bad gas with water in it .... nop.... pumped out a quart into a jar by removing the fuel line at the injector manifold turned on the key for a shot of gas then, let the gas set. No water. looks good. Left the injector connection open for a few days just in case water is in the injector manifold. ....tried again .... NO START.
2. Checked the spark ... nop.. spark-plug firing outside the head but a lot of carbon on the plug. Replaced plug .... I have plenty of compression, as I can feel the compression stroke during engine turnover.... NO START
3. Remove the air filter, cleaned and set it aside. Squirted a bit of ether into the intake. Gave it a crank and there she goes...A START AND SHORT RUN. Now I know that I have a fuel problem of some sort... TIMMING good ... Valves are good….. Spark is good.. Many things are good.
4. Next check... could it be the fuel pressure? ....nop... measured just less than 50 lb(spec is 43 or 5 something +-2) . Do I trust the celebration??? It's close, I think it should have hit a lick or two... nop ...NO START
5. What is it? Is it a sensor problem, stopping the injector from operating or is the injector itself bad? what. Please guide me to the next test. if you have a thought? I'll try it, just explain what to do and where the item is located on the RZR and I’ll test it. Thank You for your future help.
I checked the resistance of the injector. Reads about 12.5 ohms, that's OK. Also was able to activate the injector with 9V power source. I could hear the injector activating. After reconnecting the injector electrical plug and, each time going through that procedure, the RZR would fire and run for a short time. That indicates the injector will fire and inject fuel when commanded to. With a voltage meter, a could see that the voltage across the injector was a pulse but of declining voltage (more or less). (I need a SCOPE to look at the actual pulse). This leads me to the EFI controller. It must be shutting the fuel down, starving the engine. OK the problem is coming from the EFI controller or something feeding into the EFI controller. But What?