Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread i will explain how to utilize a Healtech Speedohealer to trick the rzr 570 ecu into thinking its going slower than it physically is, allowing you to reach 61mph on level road in completely stock form. Run wide open throttle and not encounter a speed limiter. I set mine to be 10mph off at 58mph which would allow the rzr 570 to go 68mph before cutting fuel. I actually was able to reach 71mph downhill before the actual rev limiter kicked in, but of course its not going to have enough power to pull that on level ground.

While this wont explain all the details, it will focus on the installation side. Product info can be found on Healtech's website.

You will need SH-V4 and SH-U01 as seen in the image below.

Read the instructions that came with the speedohealer then locate the speed sensor on the transmission. As seen in the picture below. Unplug it and give yourself some slack in the harness by taking off some tape and zip ties.

After you have the plastic wire loom removed you will see the following wires in the harness. youll need to cut all three wires and prep them as shown in the picture below.

After that wire the end of your universal harness sh-u01 to the 3 wires from the harness as shown below in the picture.

Note that: Brown is your neg - orange is your positive- green/red is your speed sensor wire.

Tape everything up really good to keep water out. and run the wire up the gear shift cable. I Velcro'd mine right between the seats, as you can see below.

There is a android app to help you calculate your percentage of adjustment.
Special thanks to Brute978 for doing it first, but not in the states!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I was going to request this thread be locked and stickied, but then i figured most of you would still have questions. I would be glad to answer any questions.

This will work on all polaris rzr's that have the same type of speed sensor. Including rangers, and select sportsmans. For example if you added bigger tires and your speedometer is now off, this can fix it back accurate.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Does you speedometer read the correct speed after you did this set up? My speedo is off 3 mph now. I already hit 61 mph on GPS with my clutch kit and exhaust mods. So if this works I should be able to hit 64mph.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your wanting to go faster than 58mph indicated it will have to be off. I set mine 10mph off at 58. So when I'm going 50 indicated I know I'm actually running 60-61. I suction cuped my garmin over the speedometer needle and used my GPS for my speedometer.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Do you think it will get me more speed then I have now? I'm hitting 61 now. Don't know if the 570 will give out anymore.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I remember right you had 26" tires and clutch kit. While my 570 was a stock. 2013 le with 25s stock clutching and spacer removed. I really don't know since I haven't had that setup. The 26s could gear you for higher speed because they are taller, but they could be heavier too. I just know stock the most annoying thing was having to lift off the petal all the time to keep it under 58.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a great how to !

Thank you sir !!

I personally solder the wires together, and use heat shrink with glue.

It seals completely and is stronger than original.

Where i live, the butt connector always corrode and after a couple months, the connection becomes intermittent.

Thanks again

Frank

·
Terrain Domination
374 Posts
Bravo!

Thanks for trying it, the info and write up!

800 owners now have nothing on us 570 owners (same top speed). How much for all of the stuff?

Shoe.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cool work around. Top speed isn't really a primary concern of mine but I might have to drop the $120 for one of these when I run out of other stuff to buy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine from blue monkey motorsports out of california, took about 4 days to get here.

Description PO Quantity Rate Amount
SpeedoHealer SHV4 SHV4 1 86.99 86.99
Controller Only
SpeedoHealer Harness SH-U01 1 30.00 30.00
Universal U01

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just with the issue of the speedometer not being accurate but you will physically be going faster and not limited to 57mph as described in the original post.

·
Goin' Deep Aint Cheap
672 Posts
all the go fast boys will love this mod!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts