Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a rhino 4 seater. However I test drove the RZR 4 and now... well you know.

So I mainly do trail riding and mud riding, How do these do on the trail? Tight turns etc?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
The RZR 4 will surprise you. It does very well on the trails around here. I've even gone down some bigger single track motorcycle trails unknowingly and come through ok.

You do have to learn how to "swing" the ass end around through some of the tighter turns. At high speed that works pretty well.

Crawling is a different story...it's all in picking the right line. I usually try to stick to trails that are 5' to 6' wide. :)

H

·
0 Posts
The 4 is what 16-17" longer than a Rhino?
I've ridden mine on some pretty tight trails..if you are used to a much shorter machine, like a 2 seater RZR you just have to remember to wait a little longer to start cutting tight turns,and on off camber stuff on tight trails watch the top/back of the cage.
Obviously it wont go everywhere a 2 seat RZR will but mine has been through some trails I doubted it would make before I tried them. With that said knowing the trails will help you feel more comfortable in where you can and cannot go..nothing like going down an unfamiliar trail wonder how far you will get before you have to back all the way out lol...
Last time I decided to scout ahead on foot on an unfamiliar tight trail along a river bank the area ended up being infested with Water Moccasins...they were EVERYWHERE..I went about 50 ft before I decided I'd take my chances with having to back out..lol We made it all the way..never even backed up to make a turn...we did have to kind of slide the cage around a few trees on a couple of banked turns...no biggie.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I've ridden mine on some pretty tight trails..if you are used to a much shorter machine, like a 2 seater RZR you just have to remember to wait a little longer to start cutting tight turns,and on off camber stuff on tight trails watch the top/back of the cage.
Obviously it wont go everywhere a 2 seat RZR will but mine has been through some trails I doubted it would make before I tried them. With that said knowing the trails will help you feel more comfortable in where you can and cannot go..nothing like going down an unfamiliar trail wonder how far you will get before you have to back all the way out lol...
Last time I decided to scout ahead on foot on an unfamiliar tight trail along a river bank the area ended up being infested with Water Moccasins...they were EVERYWHERE..I went about 50 ft before I decided I'd take my chances with having to back out..lol We made it all the way..never even backed up to make a turn...we did have to kind of slide the cage around a few trees on a couple of banked turns...no biggie.
Oh dude! I got shivers just thinking about that! I HATE water moccasins !!

ewww, imagine them crawling up through the skid plate ?? :scared2:

H

·
0 Posts
Oh dude! I got shivers just thinking about that! I HATE water moccasins !!

ewww, imagine them crawling up through the skid plate ?? :scared2:

I have lived around rivers my whole life and don't consider myself scared of snakes but I have never seen that many at one time in the wild...we had seen one in the river just before I got out to walk ahead so I was on the look out even more than usual thankfully.. I crested a small hill on the trail and there were several right on either side of the trail just a few feet from me...I didn't take time to count them...:rofl3: My wife got a good laugh out of me running back to the RZR..
I was more worried about them dropping out of the trees into my lap than crawling up through the skids lol...made us thankful we had the top on..but you notice I said I didn't back up for any of the turns...I wasted no time getting out if that area.
We had a short unusual cold snap and then it warmed back up...I guess they were hungry...it was weird.

·
Registered
107 Posts
WVUMOUNTIE, I live in Whitehouse and have riden my RZR 4 at Mud Creek, River Run, Shiloh Ridge, Gator Run and we take it to Mena, AR once or twice a year. We had 2 standard RZRs (family of 4) and sold them to get the RZR 4. I know Im stating the obvious when I say the 4 doesnt turn as sharp as the 2 seater, but I love my 4 and havent had any problems riding at any of those parks. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
We ride trails all the time and we can take it just about any where. good front bumper and you can knock down alot of stuff.even the tight trails up at lake murry are no problems.i can go just about any where a 2 seater goes just not atvs.wouldnt trade my rzrz 4 any thing out there !!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
We just got back from a 90 mile trail ride at Mt. Magazine Ark. The trails for the most part are nice and wide except for one we took. It was very tight and it went on forever. It took us 2 hrs at a slow pace, but I only had to back up once and had the top of the rear roll cage hit once. BTW, Wild Woody is right, you'll need a good front bumper as well b/c I did have to run over a few sm. trees along the way. The 4 is a great machine, & I also ride E. Texas and N. La. and have had no probs what so ever in navigating those trails. Like said you just have to take it deeper into the turns to get that backend around, its a little bit of a learning curve but well worth the ride you get from it.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Once you go big you never go back...LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in Rockwall just east of Dallas. Your imput has been great guys thanks. Now the questions is do I go with the 2010 and save 3k or are there vast improvements on the 2011. New thread?

H

·
0 Posts
I am in Rockwall just east of Dallas. Your imput has been great guys thanks. Now the questions is do I go with the 2010 and save 3k or are there vast improvements on the 2011. New thread?
I can predict that one for you...the guys with 2010s will say "Go 2010,nothing important enough to spend the extra money on the 2011" The guys with 2011's will say "there were alot more changes than they advertised" and that they are well worth the extra money",they will also bring up resale value..good luck with that thread:rofl3:
Only thing that makes me remotely wish I had waited was the optional EPS...but already solved that :) Besides I would have wanted the black and you can't get EPS on that one anyway...so I would have been pissed about that lol.

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am 20 miles east of Dallas in Rockwall.

Now the question is save 3k on a 2010 model, or are there enough improvements in 2011 to warrant the extra $ New Thread?

·
www.rockmidgetphotography
304 Posts
I looked at both. It was only 1,300 difference when I went down to the wire and I went with the 2010 because I like the Blue/White.

Hindsight, I should have spent the extra $ and gotten the EPS.

I don't want it bad enough to get the aftermarket kit, but it would be nice on the rocks all day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts