Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

RZR 4 going in for a new skelton

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Chopjaw 
#1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger on a new cage. I have been looking at different fab shops, talking to them, looking at their work, looking at other peoples cages asking questions how they like them, inspecting the welds and how their notched and so forth for the last 8 months. I looked at using this fab shop over and over again and just was not sure.... I tried to find another shop to change my mind, after talking to most of the big name fab guys I just wasn't happy. Most of them build good stuff but are charging allot of money. The major criteria of mine was based upon price. Now I'm sure that I'll get flamed for my hang-up on price but....... :popcorn:

I go the the Sand Show and finally getting a chance to really inspect their work and talk to them, I'm pulling the trigger! Taking the Ole girl up to them on Friday. I'll post pic's in about 2 weeks once their done. YES this is long winded but now that I've posted this there's no turnng back...:rofl3:

Jimbo is one kewl dude, his work in impeccable and his price is where it should be with the current times.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Very cool....are you building it to SCORE/BITD specs?

What are you using/building for the rear lights?

I'm halfway over the fence about whether to race our 4. Have the new cage already....All the belts, helmets, etc. are up to snuff.

Might just start our at the Sportsman UTV/SR1 class. There is a Powder Puff coming up in Barstow that my daughter wants to try and make.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :ride:
LOL! I was talking just about the cage. Not really going to have the frame worked on (yet). Once I get a turbo then I'll have the frame strengthened to help with the twisting and flex...

Sorry about misleading you....:pint:
Chop.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Discussion starter · #15 ·
do you have a pic as a example? interested in seeing what the cage looks like
IT's a pretty busy picture. I'm going for a little less radius to the cage but his welding is what I like. Plus if you look at the rhino and Terex forums he has allot of cages out there. His front bumper is phat!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/chopjaw/FU2blacksscar.jpg
I saw this Rzr 4 at SSSS as well and inspected his work very thoroughly...There was 1/4 to 1/2 inch gaps where the cage bungs meet. Be sure to inspect it when you pick it up.

WOW, Really? Didnt see it. I've inspected prolly 5 of their cages and 1 sand car. I saw nothing that looked like that. Every weld and knotch were clean. PC was great, I just don't know what you saw. BUT I'll be sure to check. Thanks for the heads up.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Made some changes to the cage and well, it's finally done. Pretty crappy picture that I have for now..

When I go and get her tomorrow (if work get's slow) I'll take some beter ones.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Thanks fellas, I had could not get up there to get the RZR4. So Jimbo went to dumont to mash!! He will be back on Tuesday. I'll get the 4 on Friday next week. I'll post some pic's then.

Jimbo is a way kewl dude. He has went out of his way to make things the way I wanted. Small shop that does Rails to RZR's I would not hesitate to send anybody his way. Plus he tig welds everything and his cost is good.

FU2 Chassis
760-792-9385 Tell him Pat sent you....

BTW, his website is not working so well. He has sworn to me that "I'm working on it!" LOL

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I've got to remove some of the bolts and rattle-can them black. Going to the desert next weekend so those might have to wait for the weekend after......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.