Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Great Video! That's the "Water Fall" between Deep Creek and Crab Flats isn't it? You should come join us on the next Miller Canyon Ride, we do the Silverwood (Miller Canyon) to Crab Flats run normally with 10 to 12 RZRs:ride:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Is there a lot of area to ride in Big Bear? We go out to Johnson Valley all the time and have wanted to do a ride to Big Bear which is about 30 miles away but our concern was how much we can do once we get to Big Bear.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Is there a lot of area to ride in Big Bear? We go out to Johnson Valley all the time and have wanted to do a ride to Big Bear which is about 30 miles away but our concern was how much we can do once we get to Big Bear.
Thanks for the info.
Yes there is a ton of riding in the area. Between the BLM and the National Forest trails most of the area from Silverwood lake to north of Big Bear lake is open for riding. There are no open areas like Johnson Valley, it is trail only. And there is everything there from mild to wild. There are four places to both camp and ride, starting from the west, there is Miller Canyon then Pinnacles then Crab Flats then Big Pine Flats.
Keep your eyes open for the next Miller Canyon Group ride, we usually have 8-10 RZRs up there once a month or so and it will give you a very good taste of what the area is like.
George

·
Registered
888 Posts
Wow, that sounds awesome. We are camping at Fawn Skin the weekend of Sept. 18th. I will look into those places. We hadn't planned on bringing the RZRs as we didn't know how much riding there was.

Have you done a ride from Big Bear to Johnson Valley yet?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Wow, that sounds awesome. We are camping at Fawn Skin the weekend of Sept. 18th. I will look into those places. We hadn't planned on bringing the RZRs as we didn't know how much riding there was.

Take your RZR! Big Pine Flats is 6 miles north of Fawn Skin up the Rim of the World Hwy which turns into the 3n14. Go to the San Bernardino National Forest web site and then to the OHV section and you will find maps of the area from Big Pine all the way to Miller Canyon (Silverwood Lake).
I haven't done Big Bear to Johnson Valley yet but would like to in the future. Check out Big Pine Flats, it's a nice campground that you can ride out of:ride:
George

·
Dont be a playerHATER!!
112 Posts

Hey Darrin we are actually gonna be doin a Rattlesnake Canyon Ride this Saturday! From Johnson Valley to big bear. You should join us. Make sure to follow the thread: http://www.rzrforums.net/local-rides-events/35029-rattlesnake-canyon-ride.html

Sorry for Thread Hyjack! :hijacked: Nice video! Amazine what the RZR4 can do! :popcorn:

·
Registered
888 Posts
RhinoDan, thanks and yes, sorry I started the hijacking. But RZRFour, you did me a great service by bringing all this to my attention.
Won't be able to make this weekend but definitely would make a run with you in the future. A bunch of us ride out there. We have 5 RZRs in our group.

·
Dont be a playerHATER!!
112 Posts
RhinoDan, thanks and yes, sorry I started the hijacking. But RZRFour, you did me a great service by bringing all this to my attention.
Won't be able to make this weekend but definitely would make a run with you in the future. A bunch of us ride out there. We have 5 RZRs in our group.
So good bro. See you out in the trails!
Also like Rzrluvr said try to join us in a Miller Canyon/Silverwood group ride! Those are always fun! :ride: Check out acouple of photos of our last ride! :popcorn:
http://www.rzrforums.net/local-rides-events/34099-miller-cayon-laborday-weekend.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts