Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, greetings from mexico...

i own a rzr-4 2010.

i just did the "vallartazo" trail down here in my 4.

I was uncertain at the begining that this big car could do that extreme route (in some parts) and finished with no at least 3-4 stucks.

now i can tell you that the 4 did the job extremely well. moreover it passed the more technical steps even better that big bore atv and rzr-s.

i am in the beleive that the rzr-4 comes with some kind of more torque than his little brother...

does someone know what kind of performance upgrade the "4" has better than the "2".

maybe some different cluthing?

i have made good time in researching in the polaris official specs, and it does not say anything about this...

thanks and sorry for my english

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
not sure but that wheel base surely helps in many situations where you can get those front wheels up and over the vert sections and pull the 4 over the obstacles rather than all 4 wheels trying to push it over

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finally i found the video where it witness what i wrote yesterday...

look how the majority of all the atvs and utvs get difficult to pass this point and look at me at the rzr-4 (minute 4:52)... this is what i am talking about... the rzr-4 has some kind of more torque

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
looks like a fun (albeit muddy) ride. the longer wheelbase of the 4 allowed you to keep better contact with the ground, thereby transferring more power to the ground than the shorter wheelbase vehicles.

you will run into instances where the longer wheelbase will work against you too

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is a 2 day trail, we started in guadalajara mexico at 7 am and slept in a nice picturesque town in the middle of the woods (we arrive there at 1 a.m. of the next day!)

next day we departed at 11 a.m. an arrived in puerto vallarta at 6 p.m. to get relaxed ourselfs and get spoiled for 2 days....

·
Registered
407 Posts
The RZR 4 may have a different clutch setup (not sure) but that video looked like the advantage was all wheel base and wheel travel and throttle control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts