Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bill,
I know you have torn your Transmission apart & have a question for you.
Is there a seal between Tranmission and Motor? Reason I ask is the last couple rides I have checked Eng oil level & it is low. Check Tranny fluid and it is overfull, I wait till it stops flowing out the hole. Button things up go for another ride and Tranny is overfull again???
Everything is snorkeled. No oil leaks on outside of casings. And I wait till everything is cooled down. So it isnt heat or pressure build up.

Thanks to anyone that may have some info.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
The transmission and engine are physically separated....there is no way that could happen. The only corresponding part of the drive train that connects with the transmission casing is the CVT. When I opened up the transmission and was able to stare at it for two months while I was waiting for parts, I came to a conclusion that overfilling the transmission would be no big deal...In fact, I purposely overfilled mine (not by much) because of the large internal space within. There are three upper cavities within the tranny that would be slow flowing if the AGL was in there....these three cavities eventually lead to the vent line.

After a few hard days riding the dunes this week, I found that I had to top up the 170's engine oil. It wasn't too low, but it was for piece of mind.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts