Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much weight can the 170 handle? I'm wanting to get something to ride my little boy around the yard in, we've got a golf cart just looking for something different, i weight 250+ will this thing handle me or do I need to look for something else? Could it carry me and my wife around the yard? She's 'bout 130ish, ???

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the book says 350lbs max.
But I will say yes to it handeling your family. I'm over 6' & 250lbs, kids are both 5' + & 150lbs. We run together in the RZR plus I pull them on a GT in the winter. The 170 handled it no problem!
I've been really impressed with ours, not one issue and almost 70 hrs ride time & the kids are not easy with this thing. Trial riding or around the property.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey I do not know how you big boys are getting in a 170 i am 5'10" 175lbs and barley fit in once in it is not bad but I have got to put knees to chest to clear the very small door opening. Any one out there got a pic of a 250lb dude in a rzr 170 I would like to see that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I might wait and buy a bigger sxs then - i dont want to be cramped up to bad, just seen some adults driving it around - mines all gut, so it'd probably be hitting the steering wheel. oh well - 800 rzr here we come! maybe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a rzr 170 and we hooked up some strobes in the headlights and roof lights and the battery keeps losing power..got a new battery and after about 16 hours of riding the battery has died out..help thank you

·
Registered
152 Posts
The stator (charging unit) does not put out enough power to keep battery charged for what you are doing. The current stator puts out 80watts(6.6amps), The new stator that factory utv has puts out 96 watts(8 amps), which really is not that much more. The best after market lights for the 170 would be led, they draw the fewest amps, but are not cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thinking of adding small 8-15 LED sealed marker/trailer style lights for additional running/brake lights on rear where stickers are. Think stock stator charging system can handle this small load? I think it will total less than one additional amp?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.