Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the kids a 2020 170 last July, just going to go through the build and carnage as we try to get them racing in azop races and eventually lucas racing

Pics will show the build some, ill try to break it down and keep the post up to date now.

Douglas race wheels
23" tires
lonestar swing arm
DID chain
axcaliber 6 over rear axle
elka stage 4 shocks front and rear
Rugged race radio with car to car and helmet kits (still installing)

On order and waiting for
prp seats
lonestar rear hubs
magnum offroad front a-arm kit

Once the seats show up we are building our own cage and going to set the harness bar at the correct height with full solid doors, i'll post pics hopefully within the month for the cage build

Next on the list is intake and breather for the engine, rear led bar/chase bar, and build front bumper, there were a few fender benders camping this last weekend
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Gas Auto part
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tread
Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Electrical supply Cable
Automotive tire Camera lens Camera Reflex camera Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car
Clothing Wheel Tire Jeans Shoe

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This weekends carnage, bent a-arm and loose headlights. We put the stock wheel back on the passenger side so it wasnt rubbing. Cleaned it up and waiting for new parts to show up, tear down and build
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Wheel Bumper
Wood Motor vehicle Gas Vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Lonestar rear hubs showed up the other day, we put them on today. Much stronger and 1 inch wider per side. The rear end is sitting at 50.5 inches wide right now with the 6 over axle and Lonestar hubs, pics dont do it justice its huge. Hopefully the pics loaded in order, showing hubs, factory hubs on 6 over axle, hub comparison, then hubs installed
Wood Gas Font Hardwood Machine
Wood Circle Font Fashion accessory Auto part
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Clothing Shoe Wheel Tire Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Bicycle part Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Floor

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The seats showed up and right after spending $140 on tubing to build a cage we found a used xmf cage race ready, with window nets at a great price, getting it torn down to install everything, and weld new tabs for the race radios and light bar, then race azop in october strip it back down and have the cage powder coated
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a stock replacement a-arm and ran into some issues when trying to replace it. Hopefully we can cut that section out and build a stronger replacement bracket for it
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We went to our first race this last weekend, it was a blast. Got the new front a-arms the day we were leaving and mounted the night before the race at camp. They ended in 7th out of 15 racers the second day, not too bad considering the way some of those kids could really drive at such a young age!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a new clutch kit for the rzr, ordered it from drow offroad. Messed up putting the new veriator on so had to order a new one, finally got it all together. We lost some bottom end but picked up top speed, by driving down the road I think we can hit about 40 mph now. We switched to roller weights in the variator and a new clutch, might play with the weights some to fine tune it. Over the last few months I've learned a lot about these engines and clutch set ups, if you guys have any questions just ask and ill help the best I can. We are putting our fuel commander in this week and swapping to 22 inch tires for the next race, right now we have 23s

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got back from this weekends race, did get many pictures but had fun. Got on the pavement with some jeeps and with me in the car and my son driving we hit 45 mph! Definately going to be playing with the gearing so we can get more acceleration. Next on the list is probably exhaust, debating on sparks or hmf, if anyone has any info let me know

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice transformation. Sparks and HMF make similar power on the dyno, although most racers seem to prefer the Sparks. You'll definitely need to get it on the dyno for tuning after the exhaust. But first, consider switching to the A-Racer2 ECU if azop allows it (Worcs does in most classes), as you'll gain another .5+ on the dyno over the stock ECU and dynojet. Then gain another .5+ with MR12 if allowed.

Also check the rear lower a-arm mount. If the front took that much damage, then the rear is also prone to twisting. I'd also gusset the front lower a-arm mount to the two front uprights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Motiongranted, thank you for all the input! We just got a dynojet but will look into the A-racer2. I have to pick my battles not being sponsored and starting from scratch. My son wants the sparks because of the looks, I want hmf because of price lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We got a couple new sprockets this last week, finally got around to installing them today. We went bigger up front and smaller in the rear. Just running it up the block much better acceleration and still had good top speed.
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was trying to see a view of the back end with your roll cage once it's all together. Does it just bolt to the factory mounts back there and did you get rid of the plastic rear bumper? Any pictures of it?

Thanks,
Sean

1 - 20 of 25 Posts