Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got driveshaft phased and balanced but before reinstalling it I noticed that a cup in ujoint in short shaft had a bad spot in it. Called my dealer and there is no part number for just u-joints they have to sell complete shaft which I'm sure would be outta phase and back to square one. Anyone have a part number or non polaris part number for u-joint.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Hmmm,, I wonder if the 900 uses the same joint. it has a part number: 2202015
it shows usage on the 2009-2014 570, 800, and 900... but not the 1000 for some reason.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do not have the part number, but the driveline shop that re-phased mine replaced the front U-joint. So I know there is a non OEM replacement part

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pick one up from napa for my Rzr 900 but I believe it's the same. Just bought a black pearl Monday and the drive shaft is out of phase to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah at around 30mph kinda pissed off but it's mine now so prolly going to the drive shaft out and have it phased and balanced Monday

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do it soon. I rode the hell outta mine being stubborn and that's what led to the demise of a u-joint and ID of front diff yoke. It's still better after phase and balance even with bad joint and sloppy yoke.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The hanger bearing you can get it at advance auto or O'Riley's it's for a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 2wd. So doing the rephrase will fix the noise

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the rest of the driveshaft doesn't have any problems. It definitely made a difference on mine and that's with a sloppy front yoke and a buggered u-joint

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called the dealer he ran my vin said nothing came back there was no Bulletins. So I really don't want to take it to them and leave it for a week for them to tell me that it's normal. Mine kinda sounds like gear chatter maybe coming from the front diff at around 30mph I road it this afternoon to listen to it aging but it doesn't do it As bad in 4x4 I really don't hear it at all in awd

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check where the yoke slips over front diff splines and has a roll pin. That's where there's a lot of slop in mine.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yeah at around 30mph kinda pissed off but it's mine now so prolly going to the drive shaft out and have it phased and balanced Monday

Same thing with my black pearl, got it last week. I took it back in today for that and something wrong with the clutch, it keeps hitting the rev limiter. We will see what they say about the drive line and clutch. I think its too much backlash in the ring and pinion gear in the front diff making noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hopefully I'm going to have my driveshaft fixed on Monday. I've been reading about driveshafts out of phase on other things besides the rzr1k and it's not right on anything being out of phase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts