Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
***ault team
305 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Is anyone making a simple helmet that allows you to use the Rugged Headsets that most of us have? Looks like we need something after January 1, 2012. Otherwise there will be a surplus of headsets on EBay from CA Razr owners. Someone mentioned there might be a NASCAR crew helmet that is DOT approved and works with the over the head headsets? Any chance Rugged will carry something similar?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is anyone making a simple helmet that allows you to use the Rugged Headsets that most of us have? Looks like we need something after January 1, 2012. Otherwise there will be a surplus of headsets on EBay from CA Razr owners. Someone mentioned there might be a NASCAR crew helmet that is DOT approved and works with the over the head headsets? Any chance Rugged will carry something similar?
Yep, we will be carrying this helmet right here, Simpson Shorty OTW Crew Helmet - SafeRacer at the show. It is DOT approved and works with our behind-the-head headsets.

Looking to buy 2 Vertex 2200. Will you have those there to purchase.
We have a ton of 2200's that we are bringing to the show so come by!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep, we will be carrying this helmet right here, Simpson Shorty OTW Crew Helmet - SafeRacer at the show. It is DOT approved and works with our behind-the-head headsets.

Looking to buy 2 Vertex 2200. Will you have those there to purchase.

I have your expensive OVER the head headsets, will the helmet work? If not, can I convert over the head to behind the head? Thanks
We have a ton of 2200's that we are bringing to the show so come by!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have your expensive OVER the head headsets, will the helmet work? If not, can I convert over the head to behind the head?
Sadly No, the over-the-head headsets will not work with the helmets nor can they be converted into behind-the-head as the shells are different on them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ordered a couple of radio kits yesterday. Greg and his crew are great to work with. They know their products and have great pricing also. Should have them Thursday so we can use them this weekend. Thanks everyone.
Doug

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Special thanks to Jason from Rugged. I ordered a base/chase camp setup Tuesday after the show. Jason still gave me the Sand Show prices. Jason was very helpfull and friendly. The guys at Rugged are allways friendly, get me exactly what I need, and in a timely manor. Thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts