Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Would you like to see a UTV Jamboree on the Rubicon?

• Yes! I would like to go Loon to the Springs and back (the long way)

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • Yes! I'd prefer the short way (Tahoe to Springs)

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • Nope...I'd rather do it in a jeep

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm part of the Rubicon Trail Foundation, the non-profit that raises money to keep the Rubicon Trail open. One of our board members, is the president of Jeepers Jamboree. I asked him if the Jeepers Jamboree folks have thought about a UTV only Jamboree weekend on the World Famous Rubicon trail.

First of all....Please post, if such event were held....would you be interested in coming?? The trip would include breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday and breakfast and box lunch for the trip back out on Sunday. It would also include entertainment down at the Springs on Saturday.

The point would be to keep the cost down the first few years of the event...based on attendance, adding things such as trail mechanics, parts, etc.

Options are:

1) Run the event from Loon Lake to Rubicon Springs and drive back

2) Run event from West Tahoe entrance (short way) to Springs and back. Users would be free to drive back to Loon to play around if they wish.

So please let us know. This would be for Summer 2014.

The Jeepers have a great time...would love to see the UTV guys get their own trip on the trail.

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
I would do it for sure. I've always wished they would hold an event like this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
377 Posts
im in. keep us updated on this. would be nice to do a night run also.

Attachments

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses....keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
I am definitely interested. I have did the Jamberee in my jeep. Its time to do it in a side X side. I hope I have plenty of clearance in rzr 4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Count me in! I think I have at least 2 other RZRs who would also like to join. I agree with the other poster..... why not 2013?

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would definetly do it if the dates worked out. Why not 2013?
A few reasons.

1) We have to get the Jamboree board to vote to approve it. The new board doesn't start until January, so realistically we won't be able to get them to vote on it until Feb or March...not leaving us enough time for 2, 3 or 4.

2) It will take longer than you think to get logistics figured out. Getting headcount, food, manpower, figuring out the route, etc.

3) Since it's a new proposed event, we'd want to advertise for a while to maximize exposure (Word of mouth will REALLY HELP!!)

4) Finding a date. It can't be before the main jamboree in July, because they're busy preparing. The week after is Jeep Jamboree.

Thanks for being enthusiastic....it helps. I'm going to send the current Jamboree President to this thread....so he can read your replies.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I would like to do it also if my RZR 570 can handle the Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts

I did part of it a couple of years ago, and it kicked my butt! We started at Loon Lake, went in just under 7 miles then turned around and came back. That 13 miles took us 11 hours! The rocks and boulders that are 12 to 30 inches in diameter are really hard with 26 or 27 inch tires! It was left foot brake, ease one tire up onto a rock, then crank the steering wheel hard over and ease the other one up. My RZR suffered a little damage (not major), but I was absolutely exhausted! Couldn't wait to get back to the bar......... sorry, I mean camper! :rofl3:

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
It's about time! Count me in.....

Junior

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

I did part of it a couple of years ago, and it kicked my butt! We started at Loon Lake, went in just under 7 miles then turned around and came back. That 13 miles took us 11 hours! The rocks and boulders that are 12 to 30 inches in diameter are really hard with 26 or 27 inch tires! It was left foot brake, ease one tire up onto a rock, then crank the steering wheel hard over and ease the other one up. My RZR suffered a little damage (not major), but I was absolutely exhausted! Couldn't wait to get back to the bar......... sorry, I mean camper! :rofl3:
I wonder if the short way would be better. My 570 does not have the clearance the 800 or 900 has. Plus I dont want to drive 11 hours to get to the bar....ummm I mean camper..LOL

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts

Bill, you can just ride with me and we'll take turns beating up my Rzr....bring the beer.....I mean, water :)

Junior

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Bill, you can just ride with me and we'll take turns beating up my Rzr....bring the beer.....I mean, water :)

Junior
Thanks Jr but need room for my wife too. We will see what happens between now and then. Year and a half is a long ways out.

·
RZR Rock Crawler
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think the 570 would have any more issues than an 800. Aren't they same size, other than engine?

The only main, pretty much mandatory item is a full body skid plate...preferably UHMW.

I can go from Loon to Springs in about 3-3.5 hours. But then again..I drive it all the time. 11 hours is definitely on the way long side...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts