Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 2011 camo 50'' RZR and I am leaning towards the RDC 2" lift. I notice that it moves the shocks out from the bottom mounts where as the Racertech and others move the shocks out from the top mounts. Are there any pro's or con's to the RDC???

Also does anybody have pics from the front and back with a RDC installed? I was curious to the angle of the shocks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i had an RDC lift before i went "S", i beat it hard and never had an issue. great lift kit. best on the market, IMO.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I got about 4,000 miles on mine, no complaints, I have never concerned myself about the angles for it has worked for me,
John

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Same for me I had that kit before I went with the +5 setup.
Good stuff you will not be sorry with it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything I read seems to be very positive. I definately like the short install time, so I can yank it off for warranty work if need be.

I just wonder why they went with the blocks at the bottom shock mounts, while everyone else seems to have a bracket for the top shock mount.

I guess whatever works, haha.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know that the lift will draw my wheels in and give me a shorter width. Can I run this lift with stock 12" wheels and tires without hitting the motor mount???

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I routinely remove my spacers to get back to 50" and don't rub. this is with the steel 12" wheels and the stock Maxxis tires, rubberdown of course
John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok one more question haha. I plan on getting 26" maxxis bighorns 9" front and 12" rear a little while after I get the 2" lift. What size spacers would I need to clear the motor mount??? I will be using the stock steel wheels.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So nobody has had any CV binding issues with the Rubberdown lift?

I keep reading that lifts that relocate the shock from the top (racertech, catvos, etc.) are the better lifts. Any truth to this.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I apologize for mispeaking that I had no binding issues on my 2011...that was with the tires off...after putting on my 27" tires and aftermarket rims the rears do bind at full droop...but hopefuly rdc will fix this....the fronts were fine though.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!
I really like the easy install of the Rubberdown in case I have a warranty problem, I can take it off quick. No one seems to have binding with this lift and everything seems very positive. Everytime I start researching I hear people say "don't buy a lift that moves the shock out from the bottom" haha. But with all the postives on the Rubberdown I guess more than likely it will be my choice.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Our dealer was installing the RDC lifts on stock RAZRs before selling them... about 50% of the customers came back with cv/Axle issues... He didn't install them anymore!! The issue that he had was not on the "s" versions but the 50" RAZRs as they bottom out easier and reach there max (front wheels coming off the groung). After HE did some research he read up on all the problems with adjusting the lower end of the shocks and changed to ROKTEK Lifts and the problem "magically" went away.. Since then he is now installing the Racer Techs (although not that many anymore??) economy....

Sorry about the last post I had to edit the entire post???way to much on the meds...

Its been widely known that earlier lift kits adjusted the location of the lower shock thus putting a lot more angle and stress on the lower CV joint...Through testing with lots of R&D, it has been determined that moving the upper shock mount location has fixed the issue...Not 100% but far better than RDC's days... I'm not a "personal friend/dealer, and have no relation to Racer Tech, But when you look at what they have come up with compared to any other brand of lift out there you can see why Myself, and others who have used the Racer Tech lifts have NOT broke a single axle, and I have yet to hear of anyone doing so..(as a result of the lift)...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
huh?? Did somebody have a few beers? haha j/k

So what were the exact problems you encountered with the RDC lift?

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
huh?? Did somebody have a few beers? haha j/k

So what were the exact problems you encountered with the RDC lift?
Nope you were 100% correct...My meds had kicked in and I was worse than "drunk" I had to completely redo my entire post on the RDC lift..(I didnt understand a thing??) I hope the new update above helps you guys out! Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well well, that is good info to know but doesn't help my situation haha. Now I am back on the fence about which lift to get.

I can tell you its basically between the RDC and Catvos, but I can't find alot of info on the catvos. I just don't like the racer tech because you have to drill in the frame. Then i don't like the Roktek due to the use of spring spacers in the front.....Now....RDC or Catvos???????? haha geez

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Well well, that is good info to know but doesn't help my situation haha. Now I am back on the fence about which lift to get.

I can tell you its basically between the RDC and Catvos, but I can't find alot of info on the catvos. I just don't like the racer tech because you have to drill in the frame. Then i don't like the Roktek due to the use of spring spacers in the front.....Now....RDC or Catvos???????? haha geez
Hey to each his own, I wish you the best of luck...But its only four 3/8" holes & it also acts as a gusset plate to strengthen the rear end..(I dont know why you wouldnt want to do that?) The front you have the "option" of drilling a single center hole, but its not needed unless your doing extreme driving...and you will not find a stronger front end lift braket..I promise you that,, I know, I have used them.. (same for the rear too)

As for your issue with ROKTEK, here, check out this link to my build..youll see that I have tried and reviewed three differant lift kits..

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/35774-say-goodbye-my-old-rzr-construction-has-begun.html

When it comes to lift kits, its not like it was when this RAZR first came out where anyone & everyone got a kit out as fast as they could.. Now we have actual R&D we have actual numbers and results... But good luck with your purchase... Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you know anything about the Catvos?
I believe it is basically like the Roktek except it does not have spring spacers. Am I correct?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts