Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought some RT Pro dual rate springs to install on an RZR 800s with stock Fox Podium shocks. Problem is the retaining ring that is supposed to go between the two springs is too small to slide onto the shock. I am wondering if they sent me the wrong spring spacer? What do you think?
Here is a picture of the spacer and the shock without the springs.

EDIT: I just measured the inside diameter of the spacer at 43mm and the outside diameter of shock at 46mm. This must be a mistake, I will email Rt Pro and see.

Finger Rim Gas Nail Metal

·
Flying59
78 Posts
I had to remove the plastic ring that is interfering with the spring divider (what you called a retaining ring) to install the springs. Remove the lower circlip, slide off the plastic ring, remove the upper circlip and the spring divider should slide right on. Hopefully this will solve your problem, I put the RT Pro dual rate springs on my 800S and love them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want you know how much I love you. Thank you SOooo much!
I just went back into the garage, and you are correct. I didn't read #3 because I was so excited and ready to install! lol
thank you again!

·
Flying59
78 Posts
I don’t know how many miles you have but you’re probably due for a shock rebuild. My 2009 had about 2200 miles and 3 of 4 shocks were leaking and none of them would hold the nitrogen pressure charge. Even with the new springs it was chattery in the small chop and the back would start kicking up after the second or third woop, after the shock rebuild it handles the chop and the woops much better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This machine has about 1800 trail miles and 350 hours.
When I bought this machine I noticed the springs hit the reservoir. I was told the factory spring broke and a heavy duty spring was put in its place. So it was larger diameter. I cranked the tension up so the spring would not hit the reservoir anymore at that time.
Now I have rebuilt the shocks with Schmitty large capacity reservoir caps. Then I noticed these aftermarket heavy duty springs can hit the new caps I installed. So I ordered the new springs from RT Pro to fix that issue.
So now I have rebuilt shocks with the new Rt Pro springs.
Now I just need to get my butt in gear and finish the project I started last winter! haha
thank you for the help!

·
Registered
-2013 800 Rzr S 2021 !000 XP TRE
12 Posts
Good to hear. Sounds like you'll have a nice ride. I was pretty happy with the RT dual spring kit on my old '13 800 S. It was nice not have to run so much preload to keep my ride heigth along with not getting rattled by the smaller chop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts