Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm concerned that my RZR-S with Polaris' Prospector track system mounted will be too wide to fit down many of my local sled trails where I do 80% of my winter riding. How difficult will it be to remove my S suspension and swap it out for a standard suspension (buy Standard running gear from somebody on here)? I'd then mount the tracks to that. Reason it's critical to make a decision is that the track mounting system is different for the S vs. the Standard....different kit. I need to make a decision soon since the days are certainly getting shorter. Can't believe it was almost dark when I left work yesterday.

I don't go that fast (25-30 max), it's mainly for easy cruising with the kids and wife on a nice winter day, so standard factory shocks should do the trick (or buy something used on Ebay). I'd need the axles and sway bar. Can you see any reason why this wouldn't work on an S? I know it will be a PITA to swap everything out and back again each winter and spring, but it would make a big difference in the width and usability. -Just adding the tracks themselves increases the width by something like 5" on a side. So I'd be sitting at damn near 70" on the S suspension. I couldn't cross the bridges.

Anybody have an S with Prospector Pro S tracks?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I just did the exact opposite with my LE(added +5 arms, axles, and extended brake lines) and its really not bad at all. I would suggest buying ball joints and arm bushings/sleeves for both so you won't have to change those from one arm to the other every year. Really, in doing this swap every spring and fall, you'll be able to take everything apart and clean it out which will make your parts last a lot longer. You will also need the standard RZR shocks as the "S" shocks won't fit with the shorter arms, but it sounds like you already figured that.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just did the exact opposite with my LE(added +5 arms, axles, and extended brake lines) and its really not bad at all. I would suggest buying ball joints and arm bushings/sleeves for both so you won't have to change those from one arm to the other every year. Really, in doing this swap every spring and fall, you'll be able to take everything apart and clean it out which will make your parts last a lot longer. You will also need the standard RZR shocks as the "S" shocks won't fit with the shorter arms, but it sounds like you already figured that.
MN....Are you going to run Prospector Pro tracks with a 5" LT kit? That's going to be one wide SOB. Awesome stability on slopes though...Maybe you're just saying that you changed out your whole suspension and it wasn't that bad.

OR I keep the track mounting gear attached to the a-arms and just swap the whole suspension system out. I could weld it together....LOL. No bolts to loosen up. Might take less time in the end! Would have to check that there's enough room to disconnect everything and keep it all together for removal. That would be great....

I'd think the upper and lower ball joints should come with the factory A-arms...no? Fact about the bushings. I killed a set in a machine last year with these tracks.

PM me if you want to sell your old running gear.

·
Registered
893 Posts
No, I'm not running tracks. I have a snowmobile for that :rofl3:. I have pondered the idea though. It'd be fun with a passenger and full enclosure. Kind of like a snow cat.

I was just commenting on the ease of the job. I had to reuse my stock ball joints and bushings for the new arms so that's why i suggested buying additional parts for ease of swapping back and forth.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm not running tracks. I have a snowmobile for that :rofl3:. I have pondered the idea though. It'd be fun with a passenger and full enclosure. Kind of like a snow cat.

I was just commenting on the ease of the job. I had to reuse my stock ball joints and bushings for the new arms so that's why i suggested buying additional parts for ease of swapping back and forth.
Gotcha...

Yeah, I sold my sled and got these tracks. They're super fun. It's a tank. I just couldn't take the kidney beating my sled gave me anymore and the speeds I was riding with friends was a future death sentence. This is a much mellower winter activity. Plowing with these things is nut. It just doesn't stop. Add some studs and you've got a monster that will go places a sled could not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you ever decide which way to go? I have a rzr and a rzr S and I just put my tracks on my standard for the second season. I bought a +8 for my S so I am putting the S suspension on the standard in the spring and was just searching on here if there is a S mounting kit cause it didn't look like the standards were gonna work. Looks like from your post there is a S mount kit available? Maybe I can sell my standard mount kit....

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you ever decide which way to go? I have a rzr and a rzr S and I just put my tracks on my standard for the second season. I bought a +8 for my S so I am putting the S suspension on the standard in the spring and was just searching on here if there is a S mounting kit cause it didn't look like the standards were gonna work. Looks like from your post there is a S mount kit available? Maybe I can sell my standard mount kit....
Huhhhh. You lost me on that one. Can you restate that. I had planned going to 50" for tracks only. Are you saying this won't work?

OK....reread and got it this time. Yes there is a S specific kit. Will have to look up the part number.....I had to call a few dealers, but confirmed it does indeed exist and it's different.

PM me if you want to sell your mounting kit for standard. Sorry for the confusing response.....understand now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry, it made sence as I was typing it! Let me know please if you find that part number. I searched all over the Internet and couldn't find it. I will sell my kit but not till the spring time so if you're trying to install yours this season I'm not ready. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts