Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Michigan I just called several local dealers to order a rs1 and was told msrp is now 15,999. It was part of Polaris’s price increase.

Anyone hear the same? Polaris’s website still shows a msrp of 14,999.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Businesses are in the business of making money . Appears the dealer you mention is looking to profit from selling RS1’s . Also depends on how bad you want it vs your savings account 😁

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
If you buy a RZR,... wait... what’s a savings account?

Reactions: BondoMan and DaGoat

·
Registered
50 Posts
More negative vibe! Sure am glad I read these. Makes me feel real good about my recent order I placed. I am going to quit reading this crap and just try to enjoy waiting for our units to come in. I know you guys are just being truthful, but that attitude is tough on a newbie . Glad we do not need to go anywhere to ride as we have all the room right out my door..No People!

·
Registered
519 Posts
More negative vibe! Sure am glad I read these. Makes me feel real good about my recent order I placed. I am going to quit reading this crap and just try to enjoy waiting for our units to come in. I know you guys are just being truthful, but that attitude is tough on a newbie . Glad we do not need to go anywhere to ride as we have all the room right out my door..No People!
It's all in good humor. They're referring to all the accessories you want nonstop.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
In Michigan I just called several local dealers to order a rs1 and was told msrp is now 15,999. It was part of Polaris’s price increase.

You would think that Polaris would update their website before they pushed an MSRP increase down to the dealerships. However, it's a sellers market right now. The SxSs are in such high demand they can charge whatever peeps are willing to pay regardless of MSRP. But, I wouldn't trust half the dealerships I've dealt with either. Just for reference, there's a local dealership near me showing a new 2021 RS1 in their online inventory priced at $14,999.

@Mattman06 beat me to it. But I'll post this anyway. If you're referring to the savings account comments, I think you misconstrued what they were saying. I read it as a joke that they hadn't had a "savings account" since they bought their RZR. You'll find that it's kind of a running joke throughout the forum. It starts with buying a stock RZR but the upgrades can become an addiction. Next thing you know, you're strung out on 32" tires and portals, they've just repo'd your car, and your kids aren't going to college. LOL

Reactions: DaGoat

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Careful SoonerRC , I’m not sure if i can handle your negative vibe !
How come I'm the nice guy and you get all the likes? WTF? LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts

I know a place you can save a few but the increase is real polaris's webside says it will take effect May 1

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Because it’s a crazy world out there ! 😁
I am curious though if Trail2021 did place an order for a RS1 ?
I was wondering the same thing. Although, we might've run him/her off. LOL Hopefully not.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
As had been said, easy there Fella :) You're going to be more than good to go out of the box (assuming your dealership does its job). But after a ride or two you're going to be back asking about X and Y mod... just the nature of the beast. Get it, enjoy the hell out of it, then poke your head up again and start feeling out what might be what's next on the radar to make it even than much better for your purposes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
...msrp is now 15,999. It was part of Polaris’s price increase...Polaris’s website still shows a msrp of 14,999.
polaris's webside says it will take effect May 1
Polaris.com said:
"There will be price increases scheduled for May 1. Website pricing reflects in-stock inventory only and does not include a price increase on any product ordered after April 6"
Since no dealer "stocks" the RS1 anymore the price online is bogus. I'm actually surprised they didn't raise the price sooner. Inflation for 2018-2021 totals ~7.7%. If $15,999 is correct they raised the price 6.7%.

I asked around about ordering (before April 6) and got told $15k MSRP, $1000 delivery, $650 assembly, $200 doc fee, ~$1400 taxes for a grand total of over $18k. No thanks. I found a lightly used 2020 for considerably less especially considering I do not pay sales tax on private party in my state.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Since no dealer "stocks" the RS1 anymore the price online is bogus. I'm actually surprised they didn't raise the price sooner. Inflation for 2018-2021 totals ~7.7%. If $15,999 is correct they raised the price 6.7%.
Unless I'm mistaken, the MSRP for the RS1 was $13,999 in 2018. The advertised 2021 MSRP is $14,999 (https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-rs1/). That's a 7.14% increase. If $15,999 was correct, that would be a 14.3% increase since 2018.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts