Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
How much would a re spring and re valve of my fox rc2s run me? Got 2000 miles on them now and I have lots I would like to change with the shock setup.
$1600.
With Eibach Springs.
And we would discuss your needs and set up accordingly of course.

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Most RS1 owners have NO idea what they are missing by NOT having the RS1 suspension set up for optimum performance. This is just one example of a handful of racing podiums with “The Suspension Guy” set up. I would post more, but some of these guys would like to keep there advantage for awhile.

Attachments

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Sean Haluch killing it having fun out front on his “Suspension Guy” set up RS1. He parked his winning, “Suspension Guy” Walker evans Velocity Shock XP turbo car to try out the RS1!
I think he likes it!!

Take notice that he is on the gas, and suspension keeps his tires planted to Mother Earth! More control, Almost looks as if he is not moving

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: RS1 “Suspension Guy” set up.

What’s he fixin’ to do with that rag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
During some dez tuning recently, I drove a stock Suspension RS1 that showed up. We let that owner drive a different RSI with “MY” Walker evans 2.5 fronts and stock 2.5 rears with “MY” full tuning for the Dez.
It’s always fun to go backwards and drive stock equipment cars to realize how different and how much the improvements are in reality in comparison.
All I can say is that I only drove that stock Suspension Rs1 for less than a minute out, and then turned it around back to our tune area! It was painful to drive! Literally!

Sadly,
It comes down to so so many RS1 owners have no idea what they are missing from how the Rs1 can and should handle as compared to stock characteristics. Both for racing and or full recreational uses.
It’s not the fault of the car owners, they only know what they have. They can’t know any better till they have something to compare to. And then comparisons from different Suspension Tunes. Some are a smaller improvement, while others can be a much larger and more significant improvement.
So most of my car work is from word of mouth, from comparisons, and trusted words from owners, and of course return work from owners who purchase new cars often and come back to set up thier new cars.

Oh, that local customers rs1 rear shocks were dropped off to me a couple days later for full redo and new 2.5 fronts. I can’t really post the words this owner used upon return from driving the new Suspension set up car. Lots of $#&#+%-&#[email protected]&#+# words used.

The Rs1 is such a fun car, as the word slowly gets out, more owners can realize the next level of performance the rs1 can give to the driver. And how much more fun it can be with better Suspension set up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Another RS1 pro win with “ The Suspension Guy” Walker evans Shock set up.
Ed made my RS1 jump flying level and feel like it’s landing in butter.. the thing that most ppl don’t realize is how much better the car handles. Stock the RS1 was scary at times and hard to control. With the correct shock setup the car is soooo good and so much safer not just jumping the car. Night and day. Let Ed do his Magic to your car you will NEVER regret it! I can assure you. That and a cage and harness. You just never say I shouldn’t have done that to those 3 things. My car is being built by Joker Manufacturing up here in NorCal. I’m so stoked to get her back!!

Attachments

·
Ed, The Suspension Guy
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Bringing this back to the front page. The RS1 is gaining popularity, my most popular set up for this Car is “My” tuned Walker Evans 2.5 front replacement shocks and then work the stock rear 2.5 shocks into shape with revalve and Eibach springs. All the suspension tuners spring choices are NOT the same. Valving and other changes are made to match up with particular recipes. The best model is to purchase the shock work and springs together at the same time so all matches up. It’s happens often that springs are purchased to HELP the stock valving. But these usually will not match up later with most shock work recipes, and some or all of the springs would need to be changed later to match up.
I shoot out RS1 work weekly for both sand dune and dez and or trail set up.
I do offer full work on all 4 stock walker shocks.
But the problem is, as most owners realize the new levels they get to drive their RS1, the stock front 2.0 have a higher level of failing and or fade in performance levels because of the smaller overall shock. It is more easily pushed to and over its limits.
The front 2.5 when set up correctly, is a much better performance shock with way better reliability at all levels.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts