Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would just like to say thanks in advance for any help that I might recieve. I dug through the Internet for two days and couldn't find anything on this matter. So here's the story. My bike was in a mud hole with water just up to the fender on the right side and the bike died. I fired it right back up with no problem and ran another two hours. This past weekend I rode again and as soon as I left the truck it died at a low rpm. The bike then seemed to "hunt" for idle. It would move around about 50 to 100 rpm's during this event. It is throwing the 520344 with a 17 under it. That means adaptive fuel correction and the 17 means it is low. What part do I throw at this thing. I changed the voltage regulator out last weekend and it ran fine. I think it is the O2 sensor. The map sensor looked clean. Any thought? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
773 Posts
First I would just like to say thanks in advance for any help that I might recieve. I dug through the Internet for two days and couldn't find anything on this matter. So here's the story. My bike was in a mud hole with water just up to the fender on the right side and the bike died. I fired it right back up with no problem and ran another two hours. This past weekend I rode again and as soon as I left the truck it died at a low rpm. The bike then seemed to "hunt" for idle. It would move around about 50 to 100 rpm's during this event. It is throwing the 520344 with a 17 under it. That means adaptive fuel correction and the 17 means it is low. What part do I throw at this thing. I changed the voltage regulator out last weekend and it ran fine. I think it is the O2 sensor. The map sensor looked clean. Any thought? Thanks in advance!
Hey robert. been having the same issue with mine. I replaced both injector plugs, no luck. Going to change out the tmap sensor plug next. People seem to have good luck doing that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had to change this plug out on my older 800 sportsman atv's. I didn't know they sold individual parts that were hard wired into the harness. I will check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
this is what a guy on youtube said

+brutebog650 I bough a replacement pigtail from Weller Racing and then cut the old one off. This is the pigtail that fastens to the TMAP Sensor. I soldered the new one on - wire colors matched. Test rode it nearly 100 miles in all kinds of conditions and not one backfire, sputter or stall. Very pleased to finally be rid of that issue. For more detail please see this thread on RZR

·
Registered
773 Posts
Found the problem. O2 sensor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys,

Recently I've been getting the same code with the 17 at the end. I order a new 02 Sensor... but just wondering if I could potentially be something else? if the O2 sensor does not correct the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Guys,

Recently I've been getting the same code with the 17 at the end. I order a new 02 Sensor... but just wondering if I could potentially be something else? if the O2 sensor does not correct the problem.

Thanks
How'd this end up for you?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hi Tsmed8,

It end up being the electric throttle pedal. I changed the O2 sensor and was throwing the same code. Luckily, my cousin has the same 1k HL and we swamp the throttle pedal with mine (as it was the next part I needed to check, before i purchase it).I install his original throttle pedal to my HL and was working fine with no codes. I order a new one with additional electrical grease to the plug and has work ever since.

Jorge

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hi Tsmed8,

It end up being the electric throttle pedal. I changed the O2 sensor and was throwing the same code. Luckily, my cousin has the same 1k HL and we swamp the throttle pedal with mine (as it was the next part I needed to check, before i purchase it).I install his original throttle pedal to my HL and was working fine with no codes. I order a new one with additional electrical grease to the plug and has work ever since.

Jorge
Was your machine just throw a code or was it running rough?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hi Tsmed8,

Jorge
Was your machine just throw a code or was it running rough?

My machine will turn on and idle. But as soon as I pressed the pedal it will not move and the code will appear. I knew it was going to be the pedal because it was giving me problems after every wash. After washing it and store it in my garage for about 5 days.. as I tried to take it out.. it will crap on me as it moved. First I'd cleaned the throttle pedal prongs and it worked for a while.. but I guess something internal fried.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey robert. been having the same issue with mine. I replaced both injector plugs, no luck. Going to change out the tmap sensor plug next. People seem to have good luck doing that.
Can you tell me how you finally fixed this issue, I have a 2015 and this same code and issue seems to baffle everyone. Garth

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same problem with my 2016, looking for the O2 sensor , where is the place to purchase, should i do the tmap sensor at the same time
thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts