Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Rotella T6 in everything I own, diesel tractor and pickup, gas cars, motorcycles, ATVs and now the RZR. One nice factor is that it doesn't have the "friction modifiers" some fuel saving oils do and is compatable with wet clutches that bikes and some ATVs use. It's worked well for me, and in the various oil threads I see that alot of people are using it in their RZRs. Has anyone had any engine-related problems while using this oil, and could they be attributed to the oil? I really like just having one oil in the shop, and the fact that it's ~$20 a gallon doesn't hurt. Just picked up 6 gallons at Wallyworld.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Used it in my two atv's and will now use it in my Rzr since the warranty ended in August. No problems to report and priced right!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Any idea if the lack of friction additives are due to that oil being intended for trucks & tractors? The litlle icons on the bottle beneath the words "intended use" are pics of big rig truck, tractor, and truck. If I have to make a decision based on that limited info, I would guess that means intended for low rev engines and friction additives aren't needed. My XP revs higher than 3500.

Complete speculation on my part

·
Registered
415 Posts
Any idea if the lack of friction additives are due to that oil being intended for trucks & tractors? The litlle icons on the bottle beneath the words "intended use" are pics of big rig truck, tractor, and truck. If I have to make a decision based on that limited info, I would guess that means intended for low rev engines and friction additives aren't needed. My XP revs higher than 3500.

Complete speculation on my part
Rotella T6(full syn) is rated JASO-MA(Japanese Automotive Standards Organization) for use in wet clutch systems as in 4 stroke motorcycles and atv/utvs.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I use Rotella T6 in everything I own, diesel tractor and pickup, gas cars, motorcycles, ATVs and now the RZR. One nice factor is that it doesn't have the "friction modifiers" some fuel saving oils do and is compatable with wet clutches that bikes and some ATVs use. It's worked well for me, and in the various oil threads I see that alot of people are using it in their RZRs. Has anyone had any engine-related problems while using this oil, and could they be attributed to the oil? I really like just having one oil in the shop, and the fact that it's ~$20 a gallon doesn't hurt. Just picked up 6 gallons at Wallyworld.

Thanks all.
I am same way as you, Rottela T6 in everything , great oil.:ride:
milos

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I just switched to rotella T6 on my 900 at the first oil change. I bet I picked up 13 horses! :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm gonna start my outlaw on T6 and really thinking hard about the rzr 900.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine has almost 900 miles of using t6. The guy I bought it from uses it in all his atvs and dirt bikes

I was going to switch but it seems like a ton of guys use it so I may just keep using t6

·
Yes, I know where we are?
444 Posts
T-6 is also rated for automobiles. It is just not rated as 'energy conserving', but neither is any other oil with the JASO rating for use in wet clutches. This would include almost all high rpm motorcycle oils and Polaris PS4.

·
Yes, I know where we are?
444 Posts
This coming from an Amsoil dealer. Still the same old BS as usual.

If Rotella didn't work as well as Amsoil in our vehicles maybe your post would make sense.

So, are you trying to impeach Rotella? Where is the evidence? LOL I mean real evidence. Not the thousands of Amsoil test comparison advertisements posing as scientific fact.

Polaris PS4 is just as good as Amsoil too. Maybe better.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Why are you so defensive. What did I say that was bad about Rotella? You inferred negative, all I meant it that it was everywhere and you go off the rails?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts