Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says.. I rolled my rzr at the end of august in the utvrallyraid series. I have posted some pics with this thread to give you an idea of what I'm working with. It has a lean to the back driver side where it initially hit on the roll. I have bought it to a few people at different shops that swear they don't think the frame is bent however I'm not sure if it is. It could be something with the a-arms I think, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the machine to go deep into it myself, and I'm not going to pay someone loads of money for them to look over it, when I don't know for sure if it could be fixed. I guess my question is, what could I possibly expect to get for this machine in the condition its in? I know for sure it needs a new bed, front fender flare and a roof. Also the roll cage has a small bend in it, but I have a guy that could bend it back very easily he said. However If the frame is bent, they cost close to 2 grand so it would have to be a project for someone who has a decent amount of knowledge about these machines for it to be worth there while to buy it cheap and fix it. Sorry for the long winded post. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
how do you like the rally raid events? how is it (endurance wise) with/without EPS? anyways it looks ok to me but im sure thats just because of the pictures good luck with figuring it out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I though it was ok, I think its a little long for a race though. However I would keep racing if it wasn't a 8 hour drive from my house lol thanks

G

·
Personally I think you should figure out the lean before tryin to sell..could be some thing cheap and simple..bent away bar, spring/shock ect..unless you find a buyer that sees it in person and can determine the frame isn't bent for you and is willing to give you a fair price with you not knowing the actual damage or lack of you are going to loose that load of money you don't want to she'll out to have it looked at anyway. A smart buyer would assume worst case scenario and offer accordingly..when the damage may not be worst case scenario. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out whats bent where. Like others said if you sell it as is. Any buyer is going to figure worse case.. That probably means frame and some suspension parts.. It could be as simple as bent A-arms. You should be able to take it to a polaris dealer and get an estimate fairly cheap I would think..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Highoctane and 8ball I agree with what both of y'all are saying 100%..I have swapped a-arms and the shock that I thought was bent already with the parts from my other xp and it still leans. I have looked everywhere on the main frame and can't find stress anywhere. The only thing I see that was bent, was the rod that goes through the upper a-arm, but when I swapped the upper and lower a-arms out it was still leaning, and the front passenger tire was still way off camber. I may try and bring it to the place I bought it from and see what they will charge to take a look

G

·
Check the sway bar as well..A bent sway bar( pretty common) can make one lean. Check everything on the left side front and rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts