Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby rolled 6 time in Glamis, soft sand, thank God he and the passenger is ok, Weird thing his seat came completely off the tracks while he was rolling, passenger seat did not. He had 4 point harness which held him somewhat in but the seat actually flew out of the car. Roll cage and roof messed up, the front of the car looks a tad off. Should we take to dealer or a utv repair shop? We have Geico wondering what we would get for it if they total it? We have only had since November.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hubby rolled 6 time in Glamis, soft sand, thank God he and the passenger is ok, Weird thing his seat came completely off the tracks while he was rolling, passenger seat did not. He had 4 point harness which held him somewhat in but the seat actually flew out of the car. Roll cage and roof messed up, the front of the car looks a tad off. Should we take to dealer or a utv repair shop? We have Geico wondering what we would get for it if they total it? We have only had since November.
Glad to hear all were ok, that is the most important thing. Scary about the seat - that is not good! Seems like totals are pretty common on heavy rollovers - likely any repair bill that totals over 50% of cost will result in a total. Since you car is very new look for them to give you a settlement that includes cost of car, accessories (included in initial purchase), taxes and fees to recover your out the door total cost - recovery of any accessories you added are probably limited to your coverage amount. I know on my Geico policy I had to add coverage for accessories at an extra cost.

Before you take in for repair consider salvaging any accessories you can, that you added after purchase, that you don't think will be covered. Hopefully you can then add to your new unit.

I would start with a call to Geico to get the claim going and ask them if they have a list of approved vendors in your area to take it. Dealer will probably be a good place to start. They likely will send out their own inspector. If it is a total they will likely be pretty quick to let you know.

Good luck and remember to be patient and be nice when dealing with them. You will get farther with carrots than sticks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I totaled a velocity in the dunes recently.
call insurance
Take to repair shop, dealer or otherwise.
It’s a pretty easy process really

Glad to know everyone is ok:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
First off.. I am glad your hubby and passenger are ok! Things can get pretty scary pretty fast out at glamis!

I'd like to know more about how the seat flew out of the car.. Was it the seat he was sitting in that flew out? or the empty passenger seats?

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Cyndilyn I would get all of your parts off of the car before talking to anyone at insurance. Geico requires an add-on, and not sure if you have it to cover those parts. after calling insurance, take it to a UTV shop, they will likely be way more flexible in how your UTV gets repaired. My local shop seems to be taking in these crashed cars, and highly upgrading them for the people that total them and buy them back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts