Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1- Does anyone know of a paint that matches the stock Polaris black roll cage? Is it flat, semi gloss, satin?

2- Does anyone know of a way to "freshen up" a scratched flair? I kind of sanded down some rough spots but it looks dull.

Thanks for any heads up.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
It is satin black.I have used krylon and it matches perftect but there is a company called CRL and they have a perfect match and the paint is realy good.The krylon work though.I have welded alot of little stuff to the cage and touched it up and you cant tell the diffrence.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is satin black.I have used krylon and it matches perftect but there is a company called CRL and they have a perfect match and the paint is realy good.The krylon work though.I have welded alot of little stuff to the cage and touched it up and you cant tell the diffrence.
Thanks - That is what I got. I will try that out...

Now for the fenders. How to spruce them up?

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts

:rofl3: sounds like you giving the rzr a make over.What are you trying to do to the fenders change the color?Unless the plastic is painted ABS the paint wont stick good.A autobody shop will tell you polyethylene is paintable but a plastic shop will tell you its not.I agrre with the plastic people becuase the paint doenst last long before it will come off.The older rzr's used polyethylene bodies like the red and green one's

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

:rofl3: sounds like you giving the rzr a make over.What are you trying to do to the fenders change the color?Unless the plastic is painted ABS the paint wont stick good.A autobody shop will tell you polyethylene is paintable but a plastic shop will tell you its not.I agrre with the plastic people becuase the paint doenst last long before it will come off.The older rzr's used polyethylene bodies like the red and green one's
Not really a make over. I just got a new 2011 RZR and got a few scratches on it the other day. Not being a puss or anything, just wanting to make this thing look as nice as it did coming out of the dealer for as long as I can.

·
Registered
893 Posts
To keep the flares and all of the textured plastic new, I use Simple Green and a tire brush to clean them up. Then use Armor All Ultra Shine to freshen them to factory black. Spray the Armor All on a terry cloth and work it into the plastic, ensuring to apply evenly to prevent blotches. The Ultra Shine sounds like it would give it a glossy look, but it actually looks good(like new).

Try it out on a small section and see what you think.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To keep the flares and all of the textured plastic new, I use Simple Green and a tire brush to clean them up. Then use Armor All Ultra Shine to freshen them to factory black. Spray the Armor All on a terry cloth and work it into the plastic, ensuring to apply evenly to prevent blotches. The Ultra Shine sounds like it would give it a glossy look, but it actually looks good(like new).

Try it out on a small section and see what you think.
I will have to try that out. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.