Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the new Rockford Fosgate Stage 5 system?

If so how does it sound?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, sounds okay not great. You can do a lot better with an aftermarket system for the money the RF system costs.
Dang!

I had heard that about the stage 4 but was hoping that the stage 5 would be an upgrade.

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
225 Posts
The best thing about the RF system and ride command is the auto volume adjustment. For that reason alone I'm glad I went this way, but it does put out quality clear sound. Not quite enough low end for my taste but it is full, will possibly try to remedy that over the winter.

·
Registered
2021 RZR Pro Ultimate
9 Posts
I have the stage 5 with the 12 inch sub. The first thing I did was to sound deaden the whole interior of the sub enclosure, sounds much better. I removed the 400 watt mono block amp from the sub box (filled the hole), added a rockford 1500 watt 5 channel amp. Then I bridged 4 of channels from the 5 channel amp for the highs into 2 and ran that to the front speakers. The 5th channel runs the sub. (I have a rockford DVC marine sub on its way to replace the 4 ohm SVC sub, should get more power out of the amp). I bridged the factory 4 channel 400 watt amp that ran the front and rear speakers, into 2 channels and ran that to the rear speakers. Then I added a JL audio twk88 and summed the high and low output from the ride command to get full range, into the twk88. This made it possible to really dial in my crossovers. I created a few different modes in the twk88 for different types of music and it sounds pretty damn good. I keep my ride command with the variable speed volume and steering wheel controls. I know its not for just anyone one to do, but its possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stage 5 is not horrible. You can crank it up with no distortion. Agree with others, low end needs improvement but overall pretty happy with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts