Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Previous owner had these and never installed them. Picked them up yesterday, they were still in the bubble wrap, only thing is there is no hardware. Does anyone know what all I am missing for the install. All I have are the main left and right pieces. Thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
2 brackets ,8 self tapping screws, 8 nutx & 8 bolts you can google polaris parts and the dealers have good nicrofischs of all the parts, however ive taken mine off as they catch more than they cure!!! look at holz or some of our fine site supporting venders and upgrade your skid plate instead, as i bet youll find brackets not avalible seperatley from po po

·
noob
499 Posts
Id sell them cause they are POS , i had them, they weigh a ton, get stuck and caught on stuff and there are plenty of better ones out there.
X10
They look good but they are worthless. Get a good UHMW skid that extends to the edge of the door sill and ride on:ride:

If I go that route, is it safe to say that no rocker guards are necessary?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I REALLY like the looks of the Holz skid plate kit, but I've got a question about them--if you come down hard on something (a rock maybe?) what keeps the aluminum rocker guard from being bent up into the rocker area? And, is the part that's left uncovered towards the front of the rocker panel an issue? I trail ride mostly, and I'm really wanting to get this set up before I tear something up--I just wish they extended a little farther forward. Please don't take this wrong--I love the Holz kit--just trying to get some input from someone that has it already.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have also had the stock rock sliders and replaced them with a full skid kit from Holz.
Now I have about 2" more clearance at the rockers (added bonus) and don't hit nearly as much.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you post these earlier on another thread? I LOVE this set up!!! But once again, I pose the question: What keeps a big a$$ rock from bending the aluminum up into the rockers? Are you making them to sell?

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
I've crashed down pretty hard on many rocks with the Holz Skids (in particular, the aluminum sides) and haven't had any issues. Worst case scenario, order up some new ones!!!

Yes, I started a thread a while back for these custom made nerf bars.

Nope, I don't plan on making or selling any more. I did however try to talk Holz Racing into copying my idea for production. They didn't seem that interested.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I thought they looked familiar--awesome job! They look fantastic, and are exactly what I'm looking for. Damn--wish I could buy a set...it looks like I'm gonna have to talk a friend into bending some pipe for me.....if you don't mind me copying a set for me.....what size tubing did you use? Did you have trouble fastening them onto the aluminum?

Glad to hear that you've actually put these things thru their paces. I haven't been able to get anybody to answer the rock pounding question....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow....I can't believe how many people are knocking these...I have them and I love em. I definitely agree they are heavy and get caught up on stuff but I used to have skids that came up the side and my plastics on the side was constanly cracking and breaking where the sliders currently cover. I feel also these sliders are keeping rocks from really hittin the side of the fram there.....
Just my exp w/them.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
We are using a slider build by SLP and have really put them to the test in Moab on the slick rock and was very happy with them. They wrap under the RZR and match right up to our skidplate for full protection.They are in stock for $255.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.