Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 4 light kit off Amazon of rock lights. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever installed any on their buggy? I've got an idea of how i want them mounted, just looking for tips of other ideas on how (where) you guys installed and mounted them.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,702 Posts
"Pimp my ride" lights you mean? lol. I have an 8 pod setup, 2 in the front wheel wheels, 4 in the rear wheel wells, 1 up into the grill, and 1 straight down from the grill. Be aware of the glove box if you mount one on the passenger wheel well. The control module is mounted under the center tunnel.

I Have actual "Rock Lights" as well:

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,702 Posts
She also wants whips haha. I figure I will break them off too easy
Not to fuel her fire lol, but some of them are quite durable, I've beat mine up pretty good and they've survived well, Mine are from R1 Industries and they put them through a pretty good torture test. I also got the short (3') ones to minimize the stuff I hit with them.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Hey now I coined that phrase "Pimp my ride lights" LMAO -

Simple white LEDs, one mounted on the frame tubing at each wheel - Rock Lights

Gave up on whips a long time ago after the fourth set stopped working. If you ride in wide open areas they work fine but it tight wooded trails they get beat to death.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,702 Posts
Hey now I coined that phrase "Pimp my ride lights" LMAO -

Simple white LEDs, one mounted on the frame tubing at each wheel - Rock Lights

Gave up on whips a long time ago after the fourth set stopped working. If you ride in wide open areas they work fine but it tight wooded trails they get beat to death.
That is definitely a Joe coined term, no denying it from me! I need (want) a little more from a true rock light than just the little LEDs, mine are actually rigid duallys, they take up more space and aren't as convenient to mount, but I can definitely light up the ground. BTW, for anyone looking at the "RGB" lights, the "white" setting isn't really white mind you, it's just a mix of all 3 colors that appears white-ish, the single color LED's are actually a true white, and it is a noticeable difference.

Wild West Joe! Where lighted whips live on and belts go to die! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased a 4 light kit off Amazon of rock lights. I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever installed any on their buggy? I've got an idea of how i want them mounted, just looking for tips of other ideas on how (where) you guys installed and mounted them.
[/https://youtu.be/WmLgPsJ1M8s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts