Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was just at Hidden Falls this Holiday week.

I have 30" Regulators on my Method beadlocks on my Turbo 4 seater, and go to Hidden Falls all the time. I have HighLifter sealant in the tires just incase.

I air down to about 5=8psi for those trips and I have never had an issue. These are bulletproof tires as far as Im concerned. Lots of Jeeps aren't going where I am, these things are so sure footed, its rediculous. Only places I can't go are Level 5, and that cause the friggin Drop offs are 5-8ft, lol.

Now that they make 32s, I may be in for a set.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Some of it is getting pretty badly washed out too. Some places that were challenging before are outright spooky now.
I know. there are places I rode in Sept that were gone, or too brutal for me to ride on Thanksgiving week. I guess thats the fun of it, it changes all the time.

I found myself backing down Jodies Revenge (I think thats it) when I can usually climb it.

when your tires are out in front of your rig, the walls are ALWAYS easier to climb

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Awesome man I can't wait to go next month on the 16th! I'm very new to the scene, so my first trip up there was a week after I bought the rig. I was very impressed with the way a stock Rig handles. But of course I can't keep this thing stock, and the holiday sales didn't help with that either! Next I'll be looking into which axles I'll have to upgrade into (maybe the 300m NINE axles). Then which high clearance setup imma go with (fronts ORB and rears S3 maybe?).

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oh yes that one is definitely getting a little extra exciting. Loose Rock has gotten particularly interesting. I was following a friend and midway (too late to turn back) really doubting the wisdom of climbing it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
*guilty look* Uhhhhh stock. Yeah I know it's definitely on the shopping list with the abuse Hidden Falls dishes out. Had to buy paddles for a dune trip next week.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yeah for sure I'm stock also. they're not that cheap to just grab one without thinking about it. lol.

are you planning a trip up to the little Sahara? I've been researching that place lately.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yep, we're going next week. Join the convoy up! It's a blast and doing it in December is great, you have the place to yourself. A nice mix of dune riding and some fun dirty sand trails that are pretty fast.

When you're used to Hidden Falls it is pretty cool to go wide open in high gear for once.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Which skid plate are ya'll running?
Ive been waiting on a good price for the Factory UTV set, I like the idea of the Trailing Arm guards too.

Maybe the Skids and the Trailing Arm guards, should be good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yep, we're going next week. Join the convoy up! It's a blast and doing it in December is great, you have the place to yourself. A nice mix of dune riding and some fun dirty sand trails that are pretty fast.

When you're used to Hidden Falls it is pretty cool to go wide open in high gear for once.
where is this?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I wish I had a toy hauler to go up there. Is there hotels pretty close to the dunes?

I agree I love opening it up for sure! I took it down to crystal beach not too long ago to open it up, since there wasn't anyone really on the beaches. But, I most likely won't be going to the beach all the time due to the nasty salt water. I washed it down pretty good afterwards but still.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Little Sahara is in Waynoka OK.

Yes there's a hotel nearby the dunes. You can access it with your machine.

If anyone is interested in coming up Dec 7-11 we have spare beds in the group's toy haulers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a toy hauler, do they have 50a hookups? I need to check this out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Do y'all disconnect both the front and back link to the sway bar, while crawling at marble falls?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I haven't needed to, you may get a tire in the air a few inches, but the travel and articulation on mine (and the length) makes for an easy ride.

May be a better idea for the 2 seaters

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've rode Moab with four different sets of tires and the Tensors are by far the worst I've run. I currently have them on my 17 XPT4 and I bought them because they are hard and will last a long time.

The best tire I have used for Moab is the Maxxi Liberty, it is soft at 55 duro on my gauge and has a huge contact patch, the Tensors are 68 with a smaller contact patch. The Tensor is a tuff tire and decent for average riding but if you are into Moab hard core rock crawling I'd buy something soft.

Last trip down my buddy with a completely stock 17 turbo 4, including tires, run circles around my lifted 17 XPT4 with 32" Tensors.

When I buy a set of tires/wheels strictly for Moab they'll be 33" CST LOBO or Maxxis Roxxzilla when they come out in 32". Soft, lite and tall work in Moab

Have fun

21 - 40 of 48 Posts