Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is the mudding section but I didn't see a better spot to post my questions.
We are headed to Disney Oklahoma for some crawling in a couple weeks and I am looking for any suggestions as far as setup goes on my "S" model.
Should I raise the rideheight by tightening the preload or soften the compression? My preload adjusters are parallel with the bottom of my rezzies and compression is on the stock setting.
I also have the rear sway on. Should I remove it for crawling and if so is there any concern with messing up the CV's due to too much articulation? Sorry for all the questions; just couldn't find a past thread that addressed these issues.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I pull the links on my rear sway bar for the rocks, makes a nice difference in the low speeds, both for ride and articulation. Beyond that, tire pressure...I've gone as low as 6 thus far and need to experiment lower. Get used to carrying a tire in the air, the RZR is quite stable even on 3, and often a few people pulling on a spotter rope will get up and over. I'd consider removing the flares too, my LE is widened to 56" with no flares and I have contacted the body MANY times.

I've wheeled Clayton OK a bunch of times with my FJ40, haven't done Disney yet tho...enjoy :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't thought about the flares but that's a good idea. What do you think of Clayton OK? Haven't heard of it.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Clayton is AWESOME! I had my old buggy up there several times and love it. Havent got my latest rig up there yet, only Hot Springs, AR. Ive seen some pics of a RZR at Clayton and looked like it did pretty good. I would think they would do better at Disney though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I know this is the mudding section but I didn't see a better spot to post my questions.
We are headed to Disney Oklahoma for some crawling in a couple weeks and I am looking for any suggestions as far as setup goes on my "S" model.
Should I raise the rideheight by tightening the preload or soften the compression? My preload adjusters are parallel with the bottom of my rezzies and compression is on the stock setting.
I also have the rear sway on. Should I remove it for crawling and if so is there any concern with messing up the CV's due to too much articulation? Sorry for all the questions; just couldn't find a past thread that addressed these issues.
i added wheel 1 1/2 spacers in the rear, and eliminated the sway bar. rode over 4k miles on my last s with no problems. also set your preload to 2 clicks clockwise (open) on all of them. i tightened my front springs 3/8'' of an inch anf the rear loosened 1/4''.. rides incredible for rocky chit.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I'm headed to Hot Springs in early Oct, will have both the FJ40 and the RZR along...my sig graphic is the RZR on the waterfall at the top of Ingrids Revenge :)

good point on the skids...my stock plastics took a MAJOR beating at Hot Springs, and the rockers were trashed too...I now run the Holz UHMW/Alum combo...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have aluminum skids on mine right now but made skids out of 3/8" ABS plastic which is very durable material so I may swap them out before I go. If anyone is interested I actually cut 5 extra sets of skids and would let them go cheap.

I have a front bumper on mine right now; should I remove it for steep approaches or do you think it will be alright? It is the pure polaris model.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I've got the Holz prerunner bumper on mine...it doesn't hurt approach angle much tho and does protect the plastics well...

IMO, keep the bumper on...might be nice to have :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts